• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pfft. I got killed FIVE TIMES just this week!

Same here...... luckily I stocked up ahead of time.

1_UP_by_xInZax.png

The problem is any carry knife with I believe over a 2in. blade is a no go in Chi-town. They are seriously messed up.

Yep..... I think the limit if you are over 18 or 21 is 2.5" under 18 is 2" limit.
    I picked up a new blade for an upcoming trip to chi-town for that reason from Bradsknives.

Spyderco Chicago

downsized_1231111242a.jpg

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'd suck it up and act like a man. Chicago isn't instant death the second you step foot in there without a gun. If you are relying on your gun for 100% of your self-defense, then you've already lost.

Leave the gun at home or secure it as required by law, and go visit your niece. Because missing out on a chance to spend time with family because you're afraid to go without your gun is just meritless.

Well said. breaking the law in breaking the law.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I also live very close to the state line, not near Chicago but none the less I would not carry into IL. It is much closer for us to go to Danville,IL to go shopping. However my wife and I are awaiting our LTCH's and have changed the way we do things. We have gotten into the habit of driving the extra distance to go to Crawfordsville. Not only will that allow us to carry when we go but it also keeps the sales tax that I pay in our state.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So there is really no reason to carry, ever, anyway.

Sorry ,I just read From Luby's to the Legislature. That lady was just going to have lunch with her mom and dad.

BTW. I have no right to carry in Indiana, I have a LTCH, which grants me the revocable, unconstitutional privilege to bear arms

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, if you're looking for approval/validation for breaking the laws of another state INGO isn't the place to get it, sorry.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I got a call Saturday from ny niece, (she works for some big east coast medical company that supplies hospitals with high dollar I don't know what. She does presentations in big cities all over the US) she is in Chicago at a trade show at McCormic Place and wants my wife and I to join her fof dinner.

I havn' t seen her in 15 years and would really love to spend the evening with her.
    BUT! Chicago?

I live very close to the State line and never willingly cross it.

I talked to my wife and decided to go concealed, however, cumstances kept her at the booth until 9PM and she had to leave directly for the airport at noon when the show ended. So the point became moot.

What would you do? :dunno:

It's up to you. Whatever you choose, know choices have consequences.

Personally, I am in the blow hard city on a regular basis and carry every time I go including Bears games, Cubs games, etc.

Gun free zones are dangerous; even deadly. I do my best to ensure I am not in one.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "Gun owners are some of the most law abiding people you'll ever meet." Unless it's inconvenient for them. :rolleyes:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Odds of getting caught = x
    Odds of needing a gun = x

Much of life is playing the odds.

I think you will find that the odds of ending up in DEEP trouble are much higher than losing your life on a trip to Chicago because you didnt have your gun.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I would not have even considered taking the gun. It's kind of like not trying to carry the gun onto a commercial airliner. If you get caught you got BIG problems and will spend some money trying to defend yourself.

I work in Chicago and I don't really fear for my life. Until the law changes, I will not carry anywhere in Illinois.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No carry in Commie-land. I go to Chicago pretty frequently, and I just have to suck it up. Once when I was young(er) and stupid(er) I carried into Chicago, brought my pistol into the hotel, and had the front desk guy lock it away in their safety deposit box. I recall he looked at me very strangely at the time, but didn't say a word. I picked it up the next morning and came back to Indianapolis. Didn't realize until years later how close I came to having a really bad day.

I can deffinately understand carrying a gun with you in Chicago, but can NOT understand, for the life of me, why in the world you would GIVE UP your weapon, and not want it in YOUR possession, but give it to someone else to hold it for you!:n00b:

Well, I guess you said it above, " younger and stupid(er)" !
    We all were at one time!!!!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I think that you have probably have heard it all. Sure you can carry and might not get caught but.... you know in the back of your mind there is always that chance. Don't put yourself in a bind. We don't want to read about you on this thread.

Top Bottom