Didn't have a muzzleloader.. So I made one..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Built this from a Traditions kit this week, going to let it dry a bit more then go shoot. Hunting by Wednesday I hope.

1450863_10151799576252826_618858953_n.jpg

Was this 3 days ago. Lots of sandpaper and no sleep.

1459970_10151795590492826_1416827159_n.jpg

spanky_27

Marksman
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    That's a nice smoke pole i have one that my wife's grandpa built in .32 cal. i have not shot it yet but he squirrel hunted with it.. best of luck with yours and hope you connect with it

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Jan 5, 2013
    Always wanted to build one but my money always ends up going elsewhere. Looks fantastic.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Very handsome, nice work.

I made one in 8th grade (will get photo after laundry) and every year I vow to make another, and fail to do so.

Hmmmm, time to call Dixie.:D

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Nice. I've got a Jim Chambers Folwer kit that I bought over the summer. Wasn't ready to dig into that one, so I bought this kit and..BAM. Learned probably enough to get me into more trouble with the wife. I can't wait to shoot this one though. Hopefully, I'll bag a doe with it this year.

flnt38

Plinker
    Jan 28, 2013
    those chamber's kits can be made into some outstanding rifles and fowlers. I have one of his .60 cal Virginia rifles and it is outstanding.

Jhampton

Plinker
    Mar 4, 2013
    Beautiful gun. I would love to build one also. Leaning towards trying a flintlock since I already have a T/C Renegade I shoot regularly. Great job.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Very nice! :yesway:

Always tell myself I'm gonna build one, never seem to follow through... The .32 are fun as heck to shoot; I bought a Traditions synthetic stock percussion cap Hawken on clearance at a local hardware store a few years back and really enjoy it. I've never really cleaned the thing and it has remained minute-of-squirrel accurate.

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Yes. The lock itself was pretty good. Sharp edges and a crisp break. The trigger had a lot of extra material that needed to come off and it took quite a while to get it down to breaking the trigger, and allowing the half-cock to its job. Now it has no creep and breaks at 2.75#, which is perfect for me. Paper punching tomorrow at lunch.

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Brownell's 44/40 Instant Blue. I degrease, steel wool, wash the metal twice. Blue with cotton balls and rinse. Dry, and go over it again with blue. Rinse with cold water and coat it with motor oil. Wiped the excess oil off and rubbed beeswax on the metal before setting it in the stock.

Top Bottom