Didn't have a muzzleloader.. So I made one..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Well done. It will be especially gratifying to shoot a firearm you built.

I built a b/p pistol long ago as a gift and intended to make one for myself as well but never did.

A flintlock rifle kit would be very cool.

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Yes, there are two barrel tenons that have pins through them. Simple to remove though, just drift them out with a 7/64 punch.

Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Yes, there are two barrel tenons that have pins through them. Simple to remove though, just drift them out with a 7/64 punch.

That is awesome and really makes me want to purchase one. Now i'm stuck deciding between the Kentucky rifle and St. Louis Hawkens. Although a 32. would be fun to take squirrel hunting! Where did you find this kit for under $250? I can't seem to find it anywhere for that price?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    There is a difference between buying a rifle and building one... Some of us prefer the experience of building something.

Keep your self-righteous on hold ... Dick's has a kit or are you going to roll your own barrel and cast your own parts. Someone asked were they could get a kit and I told them, what the heck is your issue.

midget

Master
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Keep your self-righteous on hold ... Dick's has a kit or are you going to roll your own barrel and cast your own parts. Someone asked were they could get a kit and I told them, what the heck is your issue.

No attitude intended. I was just commenting in reference to what you posted. I was not aware you were commenting on another person post about finding parts. You can calm down now, I wasn't trying to attack or degrade you.

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    We can order the kits (Traditions and/or CVA) in for customers as well. Look them up online and shoot me PM if your wanting one.

warhawk77

Expert
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That is a pretty nice kit. I have thought about doing one for a while but never get around to it. But for that price I need to get off my butt and get one built.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    No attitude intended. I was just commenting in reference to what you posted. I was not aware you were commenting on another person post about finding parts. You can calm down now, I wasn't trying to attack or degrade you.
    WHAT YOU ARE BEING REASONABLE .... WHAT FUN IS THAT!

:):

metaldog

Master
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I have a CVA Colonial Pistol in .45 from a kit I bought when I was 13 years old for around $40. Gave the kit to my dad on his birthday. He wasted no time in building it!
    It has proven to be a very capable and accurate shooter over the years. Dad passed a few years ago & I now own it. Don't think I could ever part with it....
    PA070078.jpg

Enjoy your kit gun OP! They can be a lot of fun. And good luck on the hunt!

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Been out hunting the muzzle loader season with it,no luck with as of yet. It is a post-it note killer though. 75gr. Triple 7, .490 patched ball and I am keeping hitting post-its all day long. dead on.

Top Bottom