• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I watched the first half of the show on HBO last night.

It had a VERY liberal slant to it, bringing up lots of emotional scenes from the VT shooting, and then contrasting that with scenes made to make gun owners look like uneducated backward buffoons.

During a pro-gun seminar one guy starts talking about how Jesus Christ believed in guns and concealed carry. I myself know why he was saying what he was saying, but the clip made him look like a raving lunatic.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    If even ONE person at VA Tech was armed and properly trained in the defensive use of firearms, the catostrophy would have been avoided. Brady keeps preaching "GUN CONTROL" when they should be preaching "CRIMINAL CONTROL". The person is the criminal, not the inanimate object. I know it's a cliche' but, of all my guns, not one of them has ever killed anyone.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If even ONE person at VA Tech was armed and properly trained in the defensive use of firearms, the catostrophy would have been avoided.

On the show they counter that argument by doing some FoF. They have "students" sitting in a classroom with protective gear on. They then give one of them a gun. When a BG runs in, he attempts to draw the gun but it gets caught in his shirt and he falls down. :rolleyes: They were all wearing these huge white T-shirts, and the dufus didn't bother to sweep his cover garment.

They claim they ran the scenario "several times" with people "trained to carry guns". I didn't buy it. The people they showed couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    If that's the same FoF they did for the ABC News special, which it kinda sounds like it is, it's a total load of crap. The give some really quick instruction to some kid and stick them in a small room with a gun. Then the firearms instructor bursts in, drops the teacher and then immediately shoots the student.

They put the student in the same spot in the room each time. Front and center. The whole thing was rigged to begin with.

I didn't see this special, but what you describe sounds like the same thing, with the gun getting caught in the kid's 3XL shirt.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If that's the same FoF they did for the ABC News special, which it kinda sounds like it is, it's a total load of crap.

Many of the clips used in this special were from ABC News, so I would guess you are correct.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    "How do you feel now that you've been shot four times?"

"Well, my buddies think I'm just the same guy from high school, but I'm actually much more [STRIKE]aware[/STRIKE] afraid."

Fixed it for him.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    He talks about selling the same guns to the public as those used in active warzones.

A) He doesn't understand the purpose of 2A
    B) Where is this gun store, I wanna go there

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    He talks about selling the same guns to the public as those used in active warzones.

A) He doesn't understand the purpose of 2A
    B) Where is this gun store, I wanna go there

Not a complete lie but definately a gross distortion. A Beretta M9 or an M14 are both used on battlefields and are legal to buy.

I'm not sure what to think about that guy. Is he blatant liar like the rest of the Brady pukes? Or is he a convenient idiot? Matthews on the hand, is a drunk with a mancrush on Obama.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    If even ONE person at VA Tech was armed and properly trained in the defensive use of firearms, the catostrophy would have been avoided. Brady keeps preaching "GUN CONTROL" when they should be preaching "CRIMINAL CONTROL". The person is the criminal, not the inanimate object. I know it's a cliche' but, of all my guns, not one of them has ever killed anyone.

Gun control is criminal control, don't you see. Criminals are people who act out because they are hurt due to socio-economic, psychological, or other such conditions. They are hurting and just want our help. If evil guns didn't exist, their cries for help wouldn't get them in so much trouble and they could get the assistance they need. That's why I agree with the Brady Campaign and will do everything in my power to help replace guns with hugs.

Glock32j

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Danville IN
    I bet if the guy, sitting in french class, was carrying a handgun and defended himself and others in the classroom, i bet he would have a different outlook.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    One thing the brady goofs don't seem to acknowledge is that the VT killer had 10 round magazines...or in the words of the brady goofs. 10 round "clips" He did alot of damage with those, had just one student been armed..... different outcome

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Not a complete lie but definately a gross distortion. A Beretta M9 or an M14 are both used on battlefields and are legal to buy.

I'll concede on the M9, although you and I both know he was referring to M16s, AK-47s, etc.

All the ones you can legally buy(w/o getting into NFA) are semi-automatic versions of those weapons used in warzones.

Find me a real/legal M-14(not an M1A) and I'll take it. :D

Top Bottom