Did you ever just have that one person in your life...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    There was a time I was angry at the person I hate. I discovered mild metal music and worked through that anger so it no longer has a hold on me. Now I am more amused at his foolishness. Here is one of my favorite FU songs. The lyrics are near the comments. I love to sing along with this song. It's very therapeutic.

[video=youtube;NnOZDgBNtO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOZDgBNtO0[/video]

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've always been the type to not wish misfortune on anyone. I don't think it's right. I also try not to hate....truly HATE anyone. But as much as I don't want to say it there is one who has caused so much pain and suffering to my entire family that I would gladly watch any torturous thing done to him. I'm honestly ashamed to admit that. I despise violence and am a firm believer that karma will do its job. But damn I would love to be karma in this instance.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There was a time I was angry at the person I hate. I discovered mild metal music and worked through that anger so it no longer has a hold on me. Now I am more amused at his foolishness. Here is one of my favorite FU songs. The lyrics are near the comments. I love to sing along with this song. It's very therapeutic.

[video=youtube;NnOZDgBNtO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOZDgBNtO0[/video]

Holy **** does Stabbing Westward ever bring back that awkward teenaged rage! I'll still indulge in some (Ungod was my favorite album) occasionally, but it seems almost comical these days how much I used to think this music "described me".

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Man, I was such a whiny little *****...

(yes ass****s, more than I am now!)

[video=youtube_share;YikqL51YD68]http://youtu.be/YikqL51YD68[/video]

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There are/have been a few, and my hatred has at times come close to expression in things bad enough I would not be here now. There are some things I'm not proud of as it is. I'm detached enough now that I don't think about them/dwell on them, so they don't have power over me, but if I do find myself with the opportunity to vex them, I will. Likewise, I wouldn't waste time or effort planning their demise, but if I get to watch, I'll derive enjoyment from it. Schadenfreude is the best way to describe my attitude.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes. But like a few others have said, I try to not let them get to me so any more. My temper may still get away from me from time to time; I may say or think something in the heat of the moment; but once I have a few minutes to cool off, I can usually just let it go.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    At this moment in my life I can honestly say that there isn't anyone who I would want to see that happen too. I learned that it wasn't worth my time getting upset over them.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    That if you were riding a bus that hit them while they were walking across the street... when you disembarked the bus, you'd tip the driver GENEROUSLY and grab your lawn chair and a beer so you could just sit down and enjoy your beverage while watching them "bleed out" in the street?
    Or is it just me?

:yesway:....YUP !........an' I've been 'round ta see'em hit in'a azz with'a spade, too.....or read 'bout it.....
    They's at least 1 more......an' I'll pizz on'im, too.....tol'im I would, an' I WILL.....trus'me.....
    That's the sugar coated version.

Know whut'cha mean......hahahaha.....:):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That made me laugh! ^ :):

I've had a few but they usually end up doing something stupid and for away for a few years......or permanently.
    This one bonded out at $20k. Not having that kind of moolah, it makes me wonder just who ponied up...even if it was the usual 10%...
    It's tough to get out of that mood.
    It really is!

karma will do its job. But damn I would love to be karma in this instance.
    That sounds exactly like what I've been saying. Except instead of saying I'd like to *be* karma...I usually end up just wanting to have front row seats when Karma strikes. I'll be the one wearing the "Team Karma!" t-shirt.

there are some I wouldn't grieve over!
    That's a good way to put it.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I have the type of anger that I'm livid towards a person at first, but then after a day or two I cool down. To this day, there is one person that I haven't truly forgiven for a past event and the bus is too good for them.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thankfully... no.

For short amounts of time when I've been angry - yes. But even in reflection - there hasn't ever been anything "that bad" worth even those feelings.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm usually the first around here to preach forgive and forget, sometimes to admittedly (and purposefully) naive extremes. That said, I never had any use for a particular person, and actively hated him for well over 30 years. Our relationship resolved when he died -- ironically for this thread, as he was drunk and hit by a car. Now he is dead and I am at peace with our relationship, so I sort of know what JG is feeling.

I say if the harm being done is over with and isn't going to happen again, let it go, because I'm here to bear witness that hating for decades afterward is just poisonous to your soul. But if the harm is ongoing, the priority should be stopping it and getting all concerned to a place of "permanent" safety. If hate or anger helps motivate toward that goal, by all means feel some hate or anger.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Perhaps working with a counselor can help you get past whatever it was and brighten your days.
    This kind of crap is insulting. It implies JG, or anyone for that matter, has issues with compartmentalizing her emotions, that she has no control but to let her anger over this individual and what he(she?) has done invade her daily life.

I've had a few tenants that have temporarily qualified for the status in the OP, only in my version, they're manufacturing meth and the unit blows and fire response can't get them out in time. But it's never been an all-consuming issue that colored all other aspects of my days. Eventually the seething rage is replaced by condescending disdain. And calculated revenge of the harshest legal kind.

Thankfully, no one has touched my personal life to such an extent. I'm not always the calm and rational person I appear to be.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    But if the harm is ongoing, the priority should be stopping it and getting all concerned to a place of "permanent" safety. If hate or anger helps motivate toward that goal, by all means feel some hate or anger.
    This part^ is kinda where we are right about now.

Top Bottom