• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    I was sitting in line at Walgreens today to drop off a prescription. I was 2nd in line behind a gentleman and both lanes were full so he was waiting back to see which lane opened first. I have no problem at this point until a crappy little POS car pulls around the wrong way and cuts in front of us both. I got out of my truck and walked up to the driver and told him he was disrespectful and needed to back up and get in line behind me. He and his 2 buddies, who looked to be about 20 and crackheads started telling me to **** off and asking me what it matters. I then proceeded to tell all 3 of them that they were freaking idiots and returned to my truck (and P239). Of course at this point I then pulled up to the window with them beside me while they continued to call names and blow me crap. I did not roll down my window nor acknowledge them anymore. I pulled away and was long gone before they could follow me. Was I out of line and adding fuel to the fire or would you of said enough is enough already and did the same? I was alone with no family and if my wife or kids were in the truck I would not have done this.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    There are a lot of stupid people out there, trying to fix the world by educating 1 idiot at a time isnt a very effective solution. I agree what the did was rude, but in the scheme of life its a pretty small issue. I'd vote to let it go

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    Prob a good idea to let it go never know what have the idiots out there might want to do . ppl get shoot for less than that by idiots everyday .

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I personally believe the reason why young people act the way they do is because grown people are afraid of them. You were right to tell them they were being disrespectful. Not correcting these kids isn't getting the crime rate to go down, so why not 'pull-'em-up' and tell them the difference between right and wrong, since they may not be getting it at home? So, to answer your question, I believe you did the right thing, and thank you!

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    It is important to show actions matter

Thugs, airheads, clueless juveniles, and others that have low self worth will act disrespectful because they either believe it doesn't matter or no body cares. Basically they lack an emotional investment in their community.

If more citizens attempted to acknowledge and show disapproval it would show that others care and that can make a difference.
    I call out others when I see
    1) Able bodies taking advantage of handicap parking places
    2) Line cutters and
    3) general disrespectful behavior

We all have to choose our battles. I think a fighting for a more respectful and caring community is a worthy battle.

Sometimes it's as simple as acknowledging "hey, I see what you did there and that was not cool" or
    "you know your actions don't make for a better world"
    I typically leave the anger and emotional rants for other caring citizens.
    Anyway +1 for caring and
    live long and prosper.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    I personally believe the reason why young people act the way they do is because grown people are afraid of them. You were right to tell them they were being disrespectful. Not correcting these kids isn't getting the crime rate to go down, so why not 'pull-'em-up' and tell them the difference between right and wrong, since they may not be getting it at home? So, to answer your question, I believe you did the right thing, and thank you!

I agree!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

Well said.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Well said. That type of behavior is almost expected nowadays because society continues to let it go. I applaud your actions, rep incoming.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I like to point people out for being rude or just plain stupid.

I hold the door open for alot of people, about 50% will say thank you. THe other 50% get reminded that thank you is the proper response to be doing that for them.:)

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    If they're driving, the driver knows what he/she did was disrespectful. They don't care sig-bandit. You can't fix them by telling them. It's their nature. I would have let that go. If they act like that often, chances are they will run into someone who will be a real problem for them. Who knows who that might be.:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If they're driving, the driver knows what he/she did was disrespectful. They don't care sig-bandit. You can't fix them by telling them. It's their nature. I would have let that go. If they act like that often, chances are they will run into someone who will be a real problem for them. Who knows who that might be.:dunno:

When my kid takes a cookie out of the cookie jar after they have brushed their teeth at night I dont smack there hands. I mean heck, they know better....:rolleyes:

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I would of said something like the OP did, but once they got mouthy, I would of cut 1 tire, if they kept going another tire would of bit the dust, and so on.....It wouldn't be the first time I've done that!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    When my kid takes a cookie out of the cookie jar after they have brushed their teeth at night I dont smack there hands. I mean heck, they know better....:rolleyes:
    I think these are older kids though. If they can't figure out respect at that age, I'm not about to teach em over cutting a few people in line. Let someone else teach them.:D

Top Bottom