• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    provide 12.6 million rounds of .223 Remington ammunition per year for a period of five years – totaling 62.5 million bullets.
    The solicitation explains that the purchase is intended, “to achieve price savings over the current .223 Rem duty ammunition.” The bullets will be used by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents nationwide for “training” purposes.

US border patrol has 21,000 agents. The math works out to 50 bullets per agent per month without even including Customs officers, solely border patrol.

The Border Patrol is probably one of the agencies that needs long guns and training the most. What's the issue?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    US border patrol has 21,000 agents. The math works out to 50 bullets per agent per month without even including Customs officers, solely border patrol.

The Border Patrol is probably one of the agencies that needs long guns and training the most. What's the issue?

Because they are buying it all up so we CANT!!!! :tinfoil:

Dont even get me started on their 22LR purchases!

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok... correct me if my weaponry knowledge is wrong, but DHS uses surplus M-4carbines that have been transferred from DoD, and those are 5.56mm rounds.. If this is the case, why the hell would DHS be trying to purchase .223 Remington ammo??? The government has numerous agencies to purchase for, but why are they purchasing ammo that is mainly used in the civilian sector??

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok... correct me if my weaponry knowledge is wrong, but DHS uses surplus M-4carbines that have been transferred from DoD, and those are 5.56mm rounds.. If this is the case, why the hell would DHS be trying to purchase .223 Remington ammo??? The government has numerous agencies to purchase for, but why are they purchasing ammo that is mainly used in the civilian sector??

Probably because it matches their duty ammo. I don't know what they carry, but the most common options (Hornady TAP, Federal LE bonded, etc.) are all sold as .223 by their manufacturer.

We have surplus M-16s but also train with and carry .223.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

Between Border Patrol and the Coast guard I'm surprised the number is so low. Then again, with the orders they placed last year that might just be bringing them up to manageable levels.

THEY ARE ARMING AGAINST US!!!
    oh wait I forgot...:runaway:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It would make sense for the Border patrol to need practice ammunition if they were then allowed to, you know, patrol the border.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    DHS orders 62 MILLION more rounds of AR-15 ammo

What say you INGO?​

Per employee, that's nothing. I shoot many, many more times per month with my non-"duty" (carry) guns.

Let's look at the TO for DHS . . . No, Kirk, you always post the chart to stop the hysteria, part of the reason I read INGO is to have fun mocking the hysteria of the Alex Jones fans.

Nope, we're going to look at the frickin' chart one more time:

Screen+Shot+2014-01-02+at+8.23.42+AM.png

Look at the chart . . . and tell me where the bad prosecutor touched you, er, I mean, tell me all the agencies you see that have guns. Lots of them.

Lots of shooting at New Brunswick, qualifications, enhanced training, inter alia. 60M is nothing.

Anyone rotated through FLETC? How much do they shoot down in New Brunswick? A frickin' metric ton, yes?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Did you just pull a Denny? :lmfao:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    After looking at that nifty chart it's clear to me that we desperately need more Departments and Bureaus and Agencies and Divisions and Offices of Whatever. And they all need to be heavily armed. Then we'll all be safe.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There are roughly 40k active duty Coast Guard. We qualified quarterly, and the rifle course of fire is 40 rounds. That equates to 6,400,000 rounds per year.
    Now, some personel are not weapons qualified. There are tactical units that put more rounds down range. So, that's a rough estimate.

Top Bottom