• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For all technical purposes, the guy they were going after had not yet been convicted of murder obviously. He was the reason why the film crew was there.

Who made the decision to do the raid, how much $ does A&E kick in to tag along to make their show, did the family know they were harboring a murder suspect - all of those things will be dragged out over the next few months.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    FWIW... I've seen several times that this residence was referred to as "the apartment," which indicates to me that it was probably a multi-family home, especially in the light of the fact that the several articles refer to 3 or 4 additional children "in the building," none of whom are referred to as Jones' children or even relatives of his. "The victim's family" may not have been the ones associating with a suspected murderer.
    :twocents:

ETA: I'm not saying you're wrong, btw... just saying it may be the wrong conclusion in this situation.
    as in a condo like house or as in 2 or 3 families living in the same quarters?

Its still the fathers responsibility to keep his family safe. if he murdered someone he is still inviting trouble either by the police of the friends/ family or the deceased.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    as in a condo like house or as in 2 or 3 families living in the same quarters?

Its still the fathers responsibility to keep his family safe. if he murdered someone he is still inviting trouble either by the police of the friends/ family or the deceased.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your last statement there... because I actually agree with it... but in this case, Jones wasn't the guy they were looking for nor ultimately arrested. He is very much a victim here, grieving the unnecessary loss of his daughter.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your last statement there... because I actually agree with it... but in this case, Jones wasn't the guy they were looking for nor ultimately arrested. He is very much a victim here, grieving the unnecessary loss of his daughter.

woo wait i thought it was the victims father they were after, mybad.So the kid was asleep in a different room or different apartment?I thought it was the same room that the struggle with granny was to have happened in.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I won't comment on who was right or wrong or whatever, as we still don't know the full story, indeed looks bad for the LEO side though. However, they were living with a murderer, and S.W.A.T. had to use a flash bang to make entry. Not exactly looking out for his daughter, I still won't pass judgment as I don't know the full story; seems lacking in the parental dept though.

The cops seem much more lacking in the trigger finger control department to me. The guy was a suspect, not a convicted murderer and there has been exactly zero showing that the girls parents knew that or that he was even living with them.

If the videos shows what that POS Fieger says it does, then I just don't see how the cops come out of this one without some serious problems of their own making. Heck, flashbanging it for the cameras in a house with kids in it is on its face a problem.

Joe

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    woo wait i thought it was the victims father they were after, mybad.So the kid was asleep in a different room or different apartment?I thought it was the same room that the struggle with granny was to have happened in.
    That's two completely different thoughts there.

"The struggle with granny" has been downgraded to "the officer may have collided with her" (well duh, they just threw a flash bomb in through her window, so *she* didn't know what was going on). She *was* in the same room as the daughter (or at least I am assuming the door opened into the living room where she was sleeping).

And the articles aren't being very forthcoming on whether the alleged murderer was in that particular apartment or another one in the building, so you could very well be right in that they were harboring a criminal, but that's not what I'm reading into it. Why not say "he was found in another room of the house" instead of "he was eventually found inside the building?"

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I'll reserve judgement until the tape has been displayed and we have an opportunity to view and dissect it. This thing is picking up speed, and the outcome could get ugly fast. FWIW, if the dept. thought that this was a situation risky enough to warrant the use of a SWAT entry team, then the cameras had NO business being there. Period. That is simply unacceptable to me.

Thank God the cameras were there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Everything is all right.
    Nothing to see here.
    A para-military death squad just slaughtered a sleeping child with total impunity.

Everything's fine here.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    if i was a father my responsibility is to keep that kid safe. If i associated with bad people or did bad things i wouldnt be keeping them safe because trouble would eventually find me. But i agree the kids shouldnt have had to go thru that at all

The officers had a search warrant and were looking for a 34-year-old man suspected in the shooting death of Jarean Blake. Officers arrested the suspect during a search of the building, Godbee said.

In the United States I used to live in, being a suspect didn't mean you were guilty and, even if reasonably suspected of murder, if unarmed and asleep, doesn't warrant shots fired. Even if it had been the suspect who had been shot under these circumstances, it is a bad shoot.

Furthermore, though the article doesn't address this either way, has anyone considered the possibility that this family didn't know about the warrant or alleged crime?

Do you run background checks on all of your friends? If so, how often?

Trying to hang this on the family is simply disgusting.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Furthermore, though the article doesn't address this either way, has anyone considered the possibility that this family didn't know about the warrant or alleged crime?
    *raises her hand*

And I'm still not convinced the guy was even in their section of the apartment or that they even knew him.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    whats the sane reasoning in going into the suspects dwelling to retreive him anyways?? wait till he comes out, or cordon off the house and give him a chance to come out. everyone preaches "SPEED SPEED SPEED", but speed is useless without using your BRAIN BRAIN BRAIN!!!!!! we should all be so outraged by the abuses of power some law enforcement agencies commit that we should be organizing peaceful protest outside of their buildings!!!!! seriously this is rediculous!! they work for US and they are murdering us.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

YES PEOPLE!!!! the above is from the decleration of independence and it means that if we wanna scrap the whole police department and start over WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SO!!!!! ANY form of government!!!! I say we get it on the ballot in the next election to ABOLISH POLICE PARA MILITARY SWAT TEAMS!!!! unless you like them shooting at you with full auto weapons while wearing mask?

time for cheap talk is over. are you mad enough to act???? then write your legistlators and make it happen!!! WE HAVE THE POWER!!! this could have just as easily happened in Indiana.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'd rep you but I'm still in "spread it around mode" -- how many times do you have to rep to spread it around, anyway...probably the same as the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop -- anyway, for pointing to this.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

One of the greatest human thoughts ever recorded.

It is sad to think that, in this day and age, it is amazing that not one, not two, but 56 men not only agreed to this statement but pledged their lives, fortune, and sacred honor in attesting to that agreement.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    too sad that we lack as many men in todays day and age with the same balls!!!

and thanks LEX, its the thought that counts!

i can promise you guys that if enough of us voters wrote, and called our reps in the state house, that it WOULD make a difference!!! we have the right and the power to change what is wrong before it gets more out of hand!! how many more inocent people have to die before we do someting??? one day these monkeys are gonna bust into someones house and kill the wrong persons kid or dog, or wife, and theres probly gonna be a lot of dead monkeys. whos fault will it be?? the home owner? the monkeys? or US FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING BEFORE IT HAPPENED??? i say US!!!

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    One of the greatest human thoughts ever recorded.

It is sad to think that, in this day and age, it is amazing that not one, not two, but 56 men not only agreed to this statement but pledged their lives, fortune, and sacred honor in attesting to that agreement.
    [threadjack]
    And one woman.

The final version wasn't published until January 1777, and since all the men were busy fighting a war, they "turned to a woman for the perilous job of printing the document, with their names attached, for the first time. The publisher of the Maryland Journal, Mary Katherine Goddard, bravely printed her own name at the bottom of the Declaration, becoming herself a signer of sorts, firmly associating herself with the dangerous cause of the new nation." (Founding Mothers, by Cokie Roberts, page 45 in my copy)
    [/end threadjack]

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    [threadjack]
    And one woman.

The final version wasn't published until January 1777, and since all the men were busy fighting a war, they "turned to a woman for the perilous job of printing the document, with their names attached, for the first time. The publisher of the Maryland Journal, Mary Katherine Goddard, bravely printed her own name at the bottom of the Declaration, becoming herself a signer of sorts, firmly associating herself with the dangerous cause of the new nation." (Founding Mothers, by Cokie Roberts, page 45 in my copy)
    [/end threadjack]

NOTED!! and reped for a very good point!! and also showing that we are ALL AMERICANS!!! (regardless of sex, creed, race, sexual preference, ability) it is our solemn responsibility and duty to preserve what these documents say and represent, but to also fulfill their mandate!

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I'll reserve judgement until the tape has been displayed and we have an opportunity to view and dissect it. This thing is picking up speed, and the outcome could get ugly fast. FWIW, if the dept. thought that this was a situation risky enough to warrant the use of a SWAT entry team, then the cameras had NO business being there. Period. That is simply unacceptable to me.

If the tape shows swat lobbing in flash bangs and then fireing into the home do you really think we will ever see that tape. Not a chance just like we will never see the video tapes from the pentagon plane crash and we will never see the tapes from the OC bombings. Come on we will never see these tapes if there is any truth to them.

Top Bottom