• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Check out this video and share your comments. When I saw this ...... well all I could do was ....... well...... :xmad::xmad:

YouTube - JUDGE JEFFREY A. COHEN CONTINUES HIS DESACRATION/DENIES TARGET SHOOTING PERMIT

object%3E

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    SO you are saying if you live in Texas you deserve what you get there too. Do you remember the headlines after Texas took away concealed carry?? So if these politics end up in Indiana then we should just move away from Indiana politics? Texas, New York, Kalifornia, ect are all still under the same constitution as Indiana.

Texas after the Concealed carry was removed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WznSA4EU1Gk

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    SO you are saying if you live in Texas you deserve what you get there too. Do you remember the headlines after Texas took away concealed carry?? So if these politics end up in Indiana then we should just move away from Indiana politics? Texas, New York, Kalifornia, ect are all still under the same constitution as Indiana.

Texas after the Concealed carry was removed

YouTube - Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

This video would have been much more powerful sans Penn and Teller and the random images.

This needs edited down by about three minutes.

Remember, it's one thing to preach to the choir, and another entirely to preach to the unconverted.

Just my two cents, and regardless, thanks for posting. I might edit and re-post myself, if it's public-domain material.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I have done some editing to make the video more appropriate. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Penn and Teller do tell it like it is but not in an appropriate manner.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I have done some editing to make the video more appropriate. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Penn and Teller do tell it like it is but not in an appropriate manner.

No worries, her testimony is perhaps THE most compelling speech ever given by an American citizen to the Congress as to WHY the Second Amendment exists and why it is needed...

I just think it can be made more effective with a succinct ending.

Once again, thanks for posting, I didn't mean to minimize that.

Information which demonstrates the necessity of self-defense is always welcome, I hope my slight critique didn't put you off any.

How are you enjoying INGO, sir?

Hopefully everyone is treating you well.

:ingo:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    SO you are saying if you live in Texas you deserve what you get there too.

Well, to be technically correct, he said people who MOVE to New York. Knowing ahead of time and going anyway sorta places all the blame on the individual.

So, yeah. I'd have to agree. If you knowingly enter the lion's den, I don't wanna hear ya b!tching about being eaten by the lion.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I wonder if we could get judges to do the same thing for voters? If they show no more interest in elections than voting for whoever's name they see the most, they don't get to vote. Voters must display sufficient interest that they are able to provide at least a rudimentary synopsis of the issues at hand, and the stances of the various candidates on them in order to be allowed to vote. I mean, if it can be done to one Constitutional right, why not another?

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I wonder if we could get judges to do the same thing for voters? If they show no more interest in elections than voting for whoever's name they see the most, they don't get to vote. Voters must display sufficient interest that they are able to provide at least a rudimentary synopsis of the issues at hand, and the stances of the various candidates on them in order to be allowed to vote. I mean, if it can be done to one Constitutional right, why not another?

+1 ..... exactly

When I saw the video several synopsis played in my head. Simple minor law changes, new judge in town, well now you get my picture. I have the lifetime LTCH, hopefully it stays that way, but my children don't.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Aaron,
    I don't follow you. Texas has concealed carry. If you're talking about mistakes of the past that have been since corrected...what's the point of that?

I'm talking about how New York currently is.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Aaron,
    I don't follow you. Texas has concealed carry. If you're talking about mistakes of the past that have been since corrected...what's the point of that?

I'm talking about how New York currently is.

I didn't mean to offend you and probably jumped in to quick to respond.

Yes, the problem was corrected in Texas, but before it was it cost lives. Many states make the same mistakes and are not corrected because of politics or loop holes where the state still has holes that give them the control. The example in New York was that the state allows a 'biased' judge decided who can carry and who cannot with prejudice. This is unconstitutional but it has been found to "not violate" the constitution. There are now quite a few judges across New York that have taken this as their right to govern the people. And as stated they are supposed to work "for" us and "for" our rights. Not use the power to pass on their "biased" beliefs. Here in Indiana our Cheif of police or Sheriff signs off on our application to carry as they do in Kalifornia. The difference is in Kalifonia the atmosphere is different and most there do not want you to carry open or even concealed. I see things so close to our laws but very far in perception. Who is to say that some day that doesn't someday carry over or into other states like ours as it is slowly starting to do in others. Although many states are loosening up their grips on gun control, at least a little, you still have to wonder what is written in state law that can change the way we keep and bear arms in a matter of just an instance.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I agree Aaron and I believe in the philosophy that you "vote with your feet". If you move to New York, you're bringing tax dollars to a system that supports judges like these.

As to laws in Indiana and California, a huge difference is in California it's "may" issue while here we're "shall" issue. "May" is a weak legal stance that benefits an old boy's network. Here it's "shall" issue. "Shall" is not the same thing as "may" and is even a stronger position than "will". "Shall" has undeniable legal teeth that obligates the state to a conclusion of issuing the license as long as everything in the process is right.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In 1874? While I may be a bit older than INGO median age, I do not remember reading newspapers that far back.:D

If you hadn't said it, I was going to, Kirk. Texas did not have CCW until then-Gov. George W. Bush signed it in, and that was in the 1990s... 1994, IIRC. It's not so much they took it away as that they didn't have it in the first place. The next step for Texas is to lose that stupid CCW only law. There's no reason to prevent people from carrying openly if that is their choice. (Of course, ideally, the next step would be Constitutional carry, but I think that to be an unrealistic expectation.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I appologize for the misstated fact on the CC in Texas. I was not meaning to date it but simply show that they did not have it and that was the reason for the video.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I moved from New York to Indiana in 2000.

As my vote for my elected officials meant little to influence the laws of the state, I chose to vote with my feet.

It's their loss, as NYS subsequently lost my family's number for the census, tax dollars, talents, etc. When and if Indiana chooses to go that way, I'll vote with my feet once again.

Top Bottom