• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Kinda crazy that "SD" in the OP was denied LTCH, because of only a "passing interest" in target shooting. Seems to me that owning and carring greatly improves one's ability to target shoot. But I guess that begged the question.

TK421

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Death Star Docking Bay #RL721
    People who move to states like New York deserve New York style politics.

What?! I'm not sure how to begin taking bites out of that giant s**t-sandwich of a statement. People who choose to move to New York don't do so because of the politics. Are you also saying someone converting to catholicism deserves to be molested by a priest? Are "[Indiana] style politics" the reason you moved/choose to remain here?

TK421

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Yes, actually. They were a factor in our research, and decision to move here.

Well that is good to know. I thought for sure that people move for practical reasons. I'm sure that politics affected your decision almost as much as the weather. Both the weather and national/state politics change constantly and many times both are way beyond our control, so for you to actually factor politics into your primary reasoning to move seems a little silly. Unless of course you are a politician or a meteorologist.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well that is good to know. I thought for sure that people move for practical reasons. I'm sure that politics affected your decision almost as much as the weather. Both the weather and national/state politics change constantly and many times both are way beyond our control, so for you to actually factor politics into your primary reasoning to move seems a little silly. Unless of course you are a politician or a meteorologist.

For me, moving to an area, like Illinois, New York or California, with politics that are nearly completely opposed to mine, would be the height of stupidity. To compare such basic things as being able to exercise Constitutional rights with the weather is just silly. People who move, or choose to continue to live, in such places have no room to whine and moan. They've made the decision for "practical reasons" to do so... apparently their happiness, freedom, and quality of life aren't practical considerations, so they reap what they've sown.

TK421

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    For me, moving to an area, like Illinois, New York or California, with politics that are nearly completely opposed to mine, would be the height of stupidity. To compare such basic things as being able to exercise Constitutional rights with the weather is just silly. People who move, or choose to continue to live, in such places have no room to whine and moan. They've made the decision for "practical reasons" to do so... apparently their happiness, freedom, and quality of life aren't practical considerations, so they reap what they've sown.

Joe, please I'm begging you to use your brain and draw reasonable conclusions from only a few sentences here. The comparison I was making was not between the actual importance of weather and politics. The comparison was between two factors that people faced with the decision to move, take into account. Also, I never want to see you whining and moaning about anything related to Indiana politics again. If you do, my reply will simply be: move your lazy a55 out of Indiana or to reap what you sow.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Anybody else notice how in the first video the guy pointed out "keep and bear arms" As keep is to own and bear is to wear. That basicly is constitutional carry would it not be? Hell there both defined that way in the dictionary.

Bear

Noun

1. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
    2. An investor with a pessimistic market outlook.
    Verb

1. Have: "bear a resemblance"; "bear a signature".
    2. Give birth (to a newborn); "My wife had twins yesterday!".
    3. Put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat".
    4. Move while holding up or supporting; "Bear gifts"; "bear a heavy load"; also with communication nouns: "bear news"; "bearing orders".
    5. Bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"; "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers".
    6. Take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility".
    7. Contain or hold; have within: "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water".
    8. Bring in; as of investments; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?".
    9. Have on one's person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar".
    10. : behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times".
    11. : have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade".
    12. : support or hold in a certain manner; "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright".
    13. : be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child".
    Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

Keep

Noun

1. The financial means whereby one lives; "each child was expected to pay for their keep"; "he applied to the state for support"; "he could no longer earn his own livelihood".
    2. The main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress.
    3. A cell in a jail or prison.
    Verb

1. Keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"; "hold in place"; "She always held herself as a lady"; "The students keep me on my toes".
    2. Continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!" "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight".
    3. Retain possession of; "Can I keep my old stuffed animals?" "She kept her maiden name after she married".
    4. Prevent from doing something or being in a certain state; "We must prevent the cancer from spreading"; "His snoring kept me from falling asleep"; "Keep the child from eating the marbles".
    5. Conform one's action or practice to; "keep appointments"; "she never keeps her promises"; "We kept to the original conditions of the contract".
    6. Observe correctly or closely; "The pianist kept time with the metronome"; "keep count"; "I cannot keep track of all my employees".
    7. Look after; be the keeper of; have charge of; "He keeps the shop when I am gone".
    8. Maintain by writing regular records; "keep a diary"; "maintain a record"; "keep notes".
    9. Supply with room and board; "He is keeping three women in the guest cottage"; "keep boarders".
    10. : allow to remain in a place or position; "We cannot continue several servants any longer"; "She retains a lawyer"; "The family's fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff"; "Our grant has run out and we cannot keep you on"; "We kept the work going as long as we could".
    11. : supply with necessities and support: "She alone sustained her family"; "The money will sustain our good cause"; "There's little to earn and many to keep".
    12. : fail to spoil or rot; "These potatoes keep for a long time".
    13. : celebrate, as of holidays or rites; "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur".
    14. : keep under control; keep in check; "suppress a smile"; "Keep your temper"; "keep your cool".
    15. : maintain in safety form injury, harm, or danger; "May God keep you".
    16. : raise; "She keeps a few chickens in the yard"; "he keeps bees".
    17. : retain rights to; "keep my job for me while I give birth"; "keep my seat, please"; "keep open the possibility of a merger".
    18. : store or keep customarily; "Where do you keep your gardening tools?".
    19. : have as a supply; "I always keep batteries in the freezer"; "keep food for a week in the pantry"; "She keeps a sixpack and a week's worth of supplies in the refrigerator".
    20. : maintain for use and service; "I keep a car in the countryside"; "She keeps an apartment in Paris for her shopping trips".
    21. : hold and prevent from leaving; "The student was kept after school".
    22. : prevent from rotting, of foods; "preserved meats"; "keep potatoes fresh".
    Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom