• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Democratic Congressman Warns Jews, Blacks to Beware of Palin - America’s Election HQ

Foxnews
    by Stephen Clark
    Thursday, September 25, 2008
    Florida Rep. Alcee Hastings on Wednesday warned two minority groups to beware of Sarah Palin because “anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks.”
    Hastings, who is black and a Democrat, made the comment in Florida at a panel discussion hosted by the National Jewish Democratic Council. The group recently criticized Palin’s invitation to an anti-Iran rally held during Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinajad’s visit to New York to speak before the U.N. General Assembly.
    Hastings was explaining what he intended to tell his Jewish constituents about the presidential race.
    “If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention,” Hastings told the audience, which burst into laughter and applause, according to individuals present.
    Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella declined to comment. The Republican Jewish Coalition strongly condemned Hastings’ statements.
    “Rep. Hastings stooped to the worst kind of divisive politics yesterday,” RJC Executive Director Matt Brooks said in a written statement. “Hastings’ unconscionable remarks do nothing but sow seeds of fear and divide people. There should be no place in our country for this sort of political discourse. We can constructively disagree on the issues without denigrating others.”
    Other members of the panel were Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen, who is Jewish and represents a mostly black district; Alabama congressman Artur Davis, who is black; and Peter Edelman, a law professor at Georgetown University who was a legislative assistant to Robert Kennedy.
    Davis denounced Hastings’ comments.
    “Alcee Hastings is a friend and I know Alcee well enough to know that he uses provocative humor to make a point. In this instance, however, I didn’t like his comments when I heard them and they don’t sound any better reading them in print,” he said in a written statement sent to FOXNews.com.
    “I have repeatedly said that while Sarah Palin’s ideology and her thin resume are legitimate issues, it is a great mistake for Democrats to ridicule her cultural roots,” Davis added. “I don’t know how many Americans strip moose, but a lot of the ones I know tote guns and the Democratic Party had better win enough of those gun toters if we are to be successful.”
    Hastings, a former federal judge, was impeached and removed from the bench in 1989 for perjury and corruption. Elected to Congress in 1992, he supported Hillary Clinton during the primaries until she conceded the race.
    Historically, Jews have overwhelmingly voted Democratic, but the McCain campaign is vigorously courting that constituency as Obama has fought off false Internet rumors that he is a Muslim with an anti-Jewish agenda.
    Obama also came under fire in April for describing small-town Americans during a closed San Francisco fundraiser as people who are “bitter” over job losses and who “cling to their guns and religion.”
    Hastings’ office and the Obama campaign did not immediately respond for this story.

I just know what kind of uproar would be going on if a Republican Representative would have said something similar about Biden or Obama. Chances are this doesn't make the MSM.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I actually saw this on FoxNews earlier this morning/afternoon. I find it funny that they classify all black people and Jews as anti-gun, anti-hunting liberals. So her hunting is supposed to scare me because I'm a different religion? I'm gonna try to skin some squirrels tomorrow, does that mean my family and black people should no longer trust me? :rolleyes:

:patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I actually saw this on FoxNews earlier this morning/afternoon. I find it funny that they classify all black people and Jews as anti-gun, anti-hunting liberals. So her hunting is supposed to scare me because I'm a different religion? I'm gonna try to skin some squirrels tomorrow, does that mean my family and black people should no longer trust me? :rolleyes:

:patriot:

I'm guessing the thought process goes something like this.
    Anyone who owns guns is dangerous.
    Anyone who skins animals is dangerous and doesn't respect life.
    We should be fearful of those who don't respect life cause they may want to skin us.
    Oh forget the part about us not respecting the life of an unborn baby, that's completely different.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Thank God it was a moose. Had it been a black bear he would have demanded she be tarred and feathered. Well, Obama said we in the midwest were holding out on our last hope out of frustration; that would include God and our guns.

By the way, my black friends who tote heat or hunt, feel the same as I do about the guy from mideast, Mr. Obama.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    that would include God and our guns.

Don't forget our good ole antipathy :D

I mean, I just don't get it. I'm Obama's target market (from DC suburb of MD, 20 years old, Jewish, grew up in a liberal household) yet I can see right through the guy and his policies and backers. Very confusing how so many can be sucked in :dunno:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    "Hastings, a former federal judge, was impeached and removed from the bench in 1989 for perjury and corruption. Elected to Congress in 1992, he supported Hillary Clinton during the primaries until she conceded the race."

Huhhh...... what a shock!!!! :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    "Hastings, a former federal judge, was impeached and removed from the bench in 1989 for perjury and corruption. Elected to Congress in 1992, he supported Hillary Clinton during the primaries until she conceded the race."

Huhhh...... what a shock!!!! :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

On the bright side, it's better then Marion Barry :D Electing someone to Mayor of DC after being arrested on crack and prostitution doesn't make sense either. More convictions for the same stuff? Well, you can't be mayor anymore, but you can sit on the city counsel :dunno::n00b:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Sounds to me they are classifing Jews and Black same as animals. :dunno:

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Nate you are on the mark. Has this society come so far as to fall for so little? As someone else remarked if the man from the mid-east is elected we will have far more worries than assault rifles and hi-cap mags.

Got your back my friend.

Top Bottom