• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    A gunstore close to me has these for 599 are they any good? I'm just lookin for an inexpensive ar15 to put some iron sights on and plink with on my property. If there no good point me in the right direction

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    My dad has the DTI Sporter. He likes it well enough. He wrote an article on it for one of the gun rags several years back and it scored favorably. I have their Echo 316 and like it well enough too (I bought it mainly because dad spoke well of Delton while reviewing the sporter). They are good entry level guns and the company is very friendly. If you just want to get used to the platform and want something that works but isnt "operator grade" etc, I say go for it.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Z, I should have put more, but that comment honestly made me laugh. Depending on your intended use 99% of the rifles/uppers you find out there from known manufacturers will do all you need and more! If you find a good deal jump on it. Odds are the rifle will outperform the shooter unless you're a stone cold match shooter.

Kudos for for going with irons, more of today's shooters need to follow suit and get that down prior to dropping a ton of $$ on optics!!

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Del-ton is good. I've had several of their lowers, built a few using their lower parts kits, and still have a DTI complete upper that came from JSE surplus years ago. Never had any trouble with anything from that company.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I have the DTsport. it was my first ar the rest i've built. I've had no problems with it at all so far. I think it is a great rifle for the price the come in at. I also just have irons on mine. Shoots straight and accurate and the trigger isn't really gritty. Atleast i don't notice it being on mine.

Top Bottom