Decriminalization of Marijuana in Indiana (IN LAW BLOG)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Screw the 50,000 uses of Hemp and Medicinal Marijuana!

Let's grow poppy instead!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUATfLDiwVA[/ame]

Seriously? How did that go? Started at 3% of the worlds supply then after we invade it went to 97% of the world's supply, from Afghanistan? I could be fudging the numbers a bit, but I'd have to say were being fudged on Trillions of dollars and a war taking place at home as well as in Afghanistan!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Pot and guns mix about as well as alcohol and guns.

I think it would be an interesting challenge on the next season of Top Shot.

$20 of pot vs $20 of alcohol

Contestants choose to consume either $20 of pot OR $20 of alcohol over a 3 hour consumption period and then shoot 1" circle targets at 10yds.

I'm guessing that Team Ganja would win by a substantial margin...

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i mix guns and alcohol all the time. try to guess how many people i have hurt. im all for decriminalizing marijuana, no need for the government to control that, too.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Guns and drugs do not mix, and that includes pot.
    Perhaps you, drugs and guns don't mix, but don't use your failings to define what's good for the rest of us. I have never, nor do I ever intend to, ingest any of those drugs which have been made illegal, but that does not mean that my neighbor shouldn't be able to.

Myself, Alcohol, and my home full of guns mix all of the time, and do so without incident. Why shouldn't my neighbor be able to do the same with his poison of choice?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    He's trying to say that we SHOULDN'T support the legalization of marijuana because we're gun owners. He's trying to imply that we'll all start smoking pot the second it's legal and he has to protect us from ourselves, and society from us.

:rolleyes:

Oh... well that's just ridiculous

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let me ask you a question, then I'll respond.

WHY do you believe NOT legalizing pot would "ruin peoples lives"?

To answer, it has a lot to do with it. Drugs and guns do not mix. As gun owners and advocates here, it follows we should support gun rights over pot rights.
    The OP is not about legalising pot, it's about decriminalising it. Two totally different things. The war on drugs is already destroying lives in a wide variety of ways. Kids caught smoking a joint are forbidden from ever getting a federal student grant and many loans. People caught with small amounts often find themselves victims of mandatory minimum sentences that see them in jail for years for possession of a plant. The fact that it costs us billions of dollars in stolen tax money is obviously lost on you. As for your gun rights over pot rights, it's a matter of supporting Rights. The Right to be secure in your person. Gun Rights are important to me, but they certainly don't override my concerns where the 4th Amendment is concerned. An Amendment the war on drugs has all but destroyed, thanks to people with your attitude.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, like Pence is going to start disappointing the "For Profit" prison industry so quickly?

There are people that are going to be pretty upset with some missing livestock if decriminalization were to take place here. Not that they'll still be making convicts over time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The economy is in the tank, the Constitution is being violated more than a drunken whore at a lechers' convention, our schools appear incapable of teaching inanimate objects to hold still, and solutions to any of the above are immediately regulated into nonexistence, so what do we do? DOUBLE DOWN ON THE WEED!

A combination of hemp fiber products, emptying out the prisons, and getting government out of plenty of other things would be a huge step in the right direction. Somehow, I don't see this happening this side of the second coming of Christ. After all, commercial manufacturers of drugs, synthetic fibers, and prisons depend on the correctional industrial complex.

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river
    Pot will be legal sooner or later just so it can be taxed. As I have stated in other posts, the states are going broke from over spending are are looking for new things to tax all the time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We still need to, whether there's a provision for it in the current bill or not.

As a goal to shoot for as to legislative policy you are likely right. I just don't see how the Drug Warriors can hang on to pot long term (heroin more likely).

Washington and Colorado can go straight to legalization (even with all the bizarre, baroque rules), but Indiana has to King of England it down steps at a time.

Misdemeanor to Infraction to Diveratable Infraction to Repeal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As a goal to shoot for as to legislative policy you are likely right. I just don't see how the Drug Warriors can hang on to pot long term (heroin more likely).

Washington and Colorado can go straight to legalization (even with all the bizarre, baroque rules), but Indiana has to King of England it down steps at a time.

Misdemeanor to Infraction to Diveratable Infraction to Repeal.

Speaking of things done incrementally, why is it that a person is presumed to have intent to distribute based on a threshold amount rather than any verifiable attempt to resell. After all, no one would consider it reasonable to believe I intended to be a toilet paper dealer because I got caught walking out of Sam's with a case of it. So far as I am concerned, that is no more reasonable than considering possession of a firearm to constitute proof of intent to commit murder.

Top Bottom