Deciphering license requirements....sorry, I know, not again....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I think I have this situation figured out but just need to be sure as, at first glance, some of the information is contradictory.

This is my first year hunting, so I am just learning the requirements.

For the firearms season, I bought the Deer license and Bonus antlerless license. This way I could take a doe or buck. I ended up getting lucky and took a buck. I did not take any other deer so the Bonus Antlerless is still unfilled.

I plan to hunt again during the Muzzleloader season (using a muzzleloader of course) but it seems that I do not have to buy a muzzleloader specific license and can use my Bonus Antlerless license. Since I took my one buck and may only take does now, I do not need a muzzleloader license.....?

Do not confuse the Bonus Anterless License with the Additional Anterless Season.

From the DNR FAQ:

Do I have to buy a Firearms, Archery, or Muzzleloader License before I buy a Bonus Antlerless License?
    No. The Bonus Antlerless License can be purchased separately.

Is a Bonus Antlerless License valid for all seasons?
    Yes, but only for antlerless deer.

Is my Bonus Antlerless License valid for the Muzzleloader Season?
    Yes. The Bonus Antlerless License can be used during the Muzzleloader Season using any legal muzzleloading equipment.

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Yes you can use your bonus antler-less tags with your ML during ML season. If you bought the bundle, you could use the either sex tag for all seasons as well except urban zone hunting, must use a special urban zone tag for urban zone hunting.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    . If you bought the bundle, you could use the either sex tag for all seasons as well ....

I did not buy the bundle but should have. I will next year....

I just wanted to make sure that my understanding that I do not have to buy a ML license as long as I have not used my Bonus Antlerless is correct.

The other part of that is, since I took a Buck during Firearms season, I may not take another even if I bought a ML license. Simply, buying the ML license would be a waste of money for me.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    License Bundle

Yes you can use your bonus antler-less tags with your ML during ML season. If you bought the bundle, you could use the either sex tag for all seasons as well except urban zone hunting, must use a special urban zone tag for urban zone hunting.

To be complete, the bundle also works for a Military Refuge hunt, but only works for the weapon in season. For instance, this Sunday at Crane, one may use the license bundle but must hunt with a muzzy since gun season is out.

One more point, if you use the license bundle on a military refuge hunt, the bag counts against your state bag limit and/or one-buck-rule. If you use a military refuge license on a military refuge hunt, neither the bag nor the one-buck-rule count against your state quotas.

Top Bottom