• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Who has a cell phone that works in and around Indy? I've been with Sprint for years, but this Network Vision Upgrade is killing service. Constant dropped calls, no signal, and bad signal.

Is Verizon or AT&T any better? I get a great deal with Sprint, but it is worthless if it doesn't work. I pay $130/month for two lines, 1500 daytime minutes, unlimited everything else.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    verizon and AT&T will be your best bet for speed and coverage, but yes you will pay more.

i use at&t, and have no complaints. some people SWEAR by verizon - i simply dont want my phones to be branded with "verizon" all over, and in the past (not sure how it is now) they loaded their devices with bloatware and crippled them.

i guess between the two, the real quesiton is - who has the phone you want? and by that i mean - they both have the galaxy S4, so figure out which one will be cheaper for two lines, and go with them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know many will scoff, but I have been happy with TracFone for a long time. A $40 card lasts me 6 to 8 weeks. The Voice mail and texting is reliable. Voicemail is flawless. I have never had a call to a land line drop, but whenever a call drops where I am talking with another cell user, I still show service, and they later explain that they were is a no service zone. I have had sprint, att and now Verizon for the wife. They were all a nuisance, and about 3 times the money. If you just want a reliable phone, you may be pleasantly surprised.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Verizon definitely has a GREAT network, but the price and customer service leave something to be desired.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I haven't noticed any issues with my service (I have Sprint as well)....well no more than normal anyway :rolleyes: Believe it or not one of the most reliable services I had was Revol. I used them for almost a year and never once dropped a call or had any issues with text, voicemail, etc.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I use Verizon. I can't find a dead spot in downtown Indy. I can even talk in the elevators. As was said above you do pay for it but for me it is worth the price to have a signal everywhere, even in the middle of lake Cumberland, KY. I have AT&T for work. It is a lot better in downtown than it used to be but not as good as Verizon, and not in as many places outside of downtown.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've been with many carriers throughout the years. Verizon is hands down the best on service, signal and options. As others have stated, you will pay for it. However, I haven't dropped a call in 5 years.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wife uses straight talk.. It's the next step up from tracfone. (Actually same company).
    We pay 50 bucks per month, no contract for unlimited smart phone usage. 40 if you just need a feature phone with no Internet and 1000 minutes per month.

Is better thn straight talk because it auto renews, but you can cancel at any time.

It uses AT&T and tmobile towers so pretty good coverage.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive been very happy with AT&T for about 10 years now. it was AT&T, then cingular, then AT&T again. in rural areas like where I live verizon has much better data systems in place but it has been AT&Ts customer service that has kept me around. if i have ANY problems or complaints they'll fix it immediately and help me

IE - there have been times i go over my minutes, by far. when i get the bill and its $350 i call them up and they adjust the rate plan, and make it retroactive. not to mention their retailers are a lot more helpful than verizon store staff. customer service means a great deal to me and i'll pay a premium for it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I started out many years ago with Sprint. They were OK as long as you were in a city, but coverage was really spotty when we traveled. Switched to Cingular and had no problems. Then they got bought up by AT&T and I've been with them for well over 10 years now. Quite happy with their service and the coverage is great. Every time we've needed customer service they've been right there and gave us good service. My wife went overseas a month or so ago and we easily added a plan for her at a low cost. Allowed us to stay in touch via data for next to nothing. I have zero issue with them and plan on sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've done a no contract phone for years and started out with PagePlus which uses Verizon towers and got great coverage all over the country. When I got my Iphone I went with Net 10 on the AT&T network which was great till they started limiting you to 1.5gb of data a month. I'm now with Tmobile and they really suck!!!

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    +1 On Verizon. Been with att, T-Mobile, and now Verizon. You cant beat it. Yes, you get what you pay for unfortunately.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Wife uses straight talk.. It's the next step up from tracfone. (Actually same company).
    We pay 50 bucks per month, no contract for unlimited smart phone usage. 40 if you just need a feature phone with no Internet and 1000 minutes per month.

Is better thn straight talk because it auto renews, but you can cancel at any time.

It uses AT&T and tmobile towers so pretty good coverage.

depends on the phone you buy...some use Verizon, some use Sprint and others use ATT....but this is what I use and cannot complain with it whatsoever

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Love my Verizon.

I was a Cingular / AT&T customer for YEARS...

But after we moved into our house in '09 - my enthusiasm waned. We couldn't get reception in our house - with more than one style of phone. And we live IN TOWN.

Switched to Verizon and we can now make phone calls inside! (our cell phones are our only phones).

We have a two-line family plan. Only one smart phone. Bill is $126-ish every month. Not cheap is the only downside.

-J-

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had the same reception issue. My house is dead center in a triangle of towers... even going outside it didnt get very good.

I finally had to add an ATT microcell for my work phone. It connects to the internet and acts like a mini cell tower for the phones you assign to it. It relays the calls out via the internet and doesnt use the towers. Great for areas with absolutely no cell but still have internet.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I've been with AT&T/Cingular for 6 years and I haven't had any problems, I get 4G even when I am at my parents house in the sticks.

Top Bottom