• ...and so much more!
  • Vallman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hello All,

I am looking for some decent ammo for a decent price, and am open to online ordering or traveling a short distance from Bloomington. I have a Taurus PT145. The cheapest I have been able to find was a 50 round box around $25 of Magtech ammo. I am not looking for super high end, just some range ammo. Opinions, advice, would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I am also looking for another pistol (not a .22) that is more affordable to take to the range as well. I have a few in mind, but some input would be nice.

Thanks INGOers in advance for your time.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Your local Walmart will beat that price handily, if they happen to have any in stock. For bulk buys of 1000 rounds or more, look at the thread titled "Get your ammo here" for suggestions!

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Wall mart and big r have decent ammo prices. And if your looking for another gun to take to the range other than 22. Ammo prices dictate 9mm.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    The lowest ammo cost is to start reloading.

If you use a revolver, "dive bombing" brass is a lot easier; and no lost cases.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Hello All,

I am looking for some decent ammo for a decent price, and am open to online ordering or traveling a short distance from Bloomington. I have a Taurus PT145. The cheapest I have been able to find was a 50 round box around $25 of Magtech ammo. I am not looking for super high end, just some range ammo. Opinions, advice, would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I am also looking for another pistol (not a .22) that is more affordable to take to the range as well. I have a few in mind, but some input would be nice.

Thanks INGOers in advance for your time.
    Check the Shootin' Iron Shop in Martinsville. I bought a box of Magtech .380 Auto (not the cheapest of ammo to locate) there for better than most online places. I have also had good luck with Ammunition To Go : Your one stop for all of your ammunition needs! for different varieties of ammo that is harder to find (Mak 9x18 is an example, where a dealer may carry one brand and weight only).

PM if I can help more...:ar15:

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is it better to reload than to buy. I was doing reloading for my AK and I found that once I figured in my time and cost to do the reloading I could have just ordered from online. Does anyone else find this to be true.? It may be cheaper for smaller loads I am not sure.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Freedom Munitions is always running crazy deals on ammo... check out slick guns and you may be able to get a shipping coupon as well...

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    I like Streichers <=== good selection and prices, and Botach <==limited selection but good price and free shipping.

They both seem to get hard to find stufflike HST and Ranger T at decent prices.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Check the Shootin' Iron Shop in Martinsville. I bought a box of Magtech .380 Auto (not the cheapest of ammo to locate) there for better than most online places. I have also had good luck with Ammunition To Go : Your one stop for all of your ammunition needs! for different varieties of ammo that is harder to find (Mak 9x18 is an example, where a dealer may carry one brand and weight only).

PM if I can help more...:ar15:

I really like that site as well for buying ammo. They always have a good selection of my federal hst in 9mm.
    I have bought some range/ plinking ammo from natchezss.com before and it's pretty cheap as well
    Also welcome to iNGO

Top Bottom