Deal: Gerber Suspension MTs for $18.75, shipped.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    For anyone looking for a decent multi-tool, Amazon has Gerber Suspensions for $18.75, with free 2 day shipping. You need to have a Prime account, but you can sign up and get a one month, free trial. If you want in on the deal, I would act fast. Amazon likes to randomly change pricing. I paid $22.xx for a couple of these on Saturday, and a couple days before that they were $20.00.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Suspension-Butterfly-Opening-Multi-Plier/dp/B000EDPT9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365452607&sr=8-1&keywords=gerber+suspension]Gerber 01471 Suspension Butterfly Opening Multi-Plier with Sheath - Amazon.com[/ame]

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    4 stars after 277 reviews would probably disagree with that. For just shy of $19 it's probably not a bad deal by any measure.
    That's my thought, and I like the ones I already have. I would much rather have 5 decent MTs at $20 each instead of 2 better MTs at $50 each.

It's really no different than the PA/Vortex vs Eotech/Aimpoint arguments.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I bought this exact multi-tool 2 plus years ago and have put it through a lot. It still works great. I didn't pay less than $20 for it but have gotten my money's worth for sure.

The Bear Grylls stuff is a joke IMO but this MT is GTG

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I bought this exact multi-tool 2 plus years ago and have put it through a lot. It still works great. I didn't pay less than $20 for it but have gotten my money's worth for sure.

The Bear Grylls stuff is a joke IMO but this MT is GTG
    The Bear Grylls stuff is the same thing as regular Gerber, but has orange all over it with a higher price tag.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I just bought one of these when the price dropped to $18.75. I opened the box and all the documentation refers to Fiskars.

Gerber is probably nothing more than a marketing brand now. A few years ago i bought a mini Fiskars camp axe, and just recently found the exact same axe with a Gerber label on it plus markup. wtf?

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I just bought one of these when the price dropped to $18.75. I opened the box and all the documentation refers to Fiskars.

Gerber is probably nothing more than a marketing brand now. A few years ago i bought a mini Fiskars camp axe, and just recently found the exact same axe with a Gerber label on it plus markup. wtf?

In 1987, Fiskars, the Finnish company, bought out Gerber entirely.

the shortcomings in advertising, along with the poor quality in their bear grylls products tells me they have compromised their quality for a quick buck.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    gerber.......JUNK

after getting bought out, their quality had tanked

Based on what? I found a Gerber multi-tool in the dirt along the road about 5 years ago, still carry it everyday and still works great! Then again, that means the tool was at least 5 years old, I've not had any new Gerber stuff.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Based on what? I found a Gerber multi-tool in the dirt along the road about 5 years ago, still carry it everyday and still works great! Then again, that means the tool was at least 5 years old, I've not had any new Gerber stuff.

Personal experience. I understand that there are always bad lots that pass quality in every company.

The best Gerber I have ever had was the FAST drop point assisted opening with G-10 grips. Other knives I had from them have had safeties fail way too early in their lives and Lock backs that didn't stay in place. I have also had to tighten the blade in place more often than I liked.

I read that recently there was a large lot of the Bear Grylls fixed blade knives that couldnt withstand moderate use as a camp knife (chopping, staking, etc) without breaking at the handle...

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    My wife bought me a set of these years ago. I liked them an awful lot, but broke the pliers on some copper wire and had to replace them.

For $20 they're not bad, just moderate your expectations and don't try to use them like they're actual tools.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    My wife bought me a set of these years ago. I liked them an awful lot, but broke the pliers on some copper wire and had to replace them.

For $20 they're not bad, just moderate your expectations and don't try to use them like they're actual tools.

Gerber makes fantastic budget, stress on budget, tools for a brand name but you definitely get what you pay for. For $20 Id rather get a Gerber MT than a $15 generic but my expectations are certainly not high.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Gerber suspension is back up to $23.

The Gerber Prodigy fixed blade can be had for just under $40 right now though. It's made in the US, too.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-22-41121-Prodigy-Survival-Knife/dp/B000XH5H6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366400740&sr=8-1&keywords=gerber+prodigy]Gerber 22-41121 Prodigy Survival Knife - Amazon.com[/ame]

Top Bottom