• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I never understood how the B.S. :poop: high school rules imposed so as "not to create a distraction from education" didn't matter at all three months later when I went to college where kids were still expected and able to learn regardless of what the person next to them was wearing. Public schools need to be more about education and less about power and control, IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I never understood how the B.S. :poop: high school rules imposed so as "not to create a distraction from education" didn't matter at all three months later when I went to college where kids were still expected and able to learn regardless of what the person next to them was wearing. Public schools need to be more about education and less about power and control, IMHO.

I would advise you look to all the people who developed our public school system, and see that it is devised precisely as a means of exerting power and control over everyone. Public schools are not made for education, nor have they been since our model was invented back in Prussia, then exported here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would advise you look to all the people who developed our public school system, and see that it is devised precisely as a means of exerting power and control over everyone. Public schools are not made for education, nor have they been since our model was invented back in Prussia, then exported here.

Refreshing to see yet another who grasps the consequences of John Dewey's love affair with the Prussian 'factory schools'.

:+1:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Refreshing to see yet another who grasps the consequences of John Dewey's love affair with the Prussian 'factory schools'.

:+1:

I would recommend to anyone who wishes to learn more (about Dewey and others, some of whom actually started their work in Indiana!) a DVD called IndoctriNation. It opened my eyes to look past even Dewey, to the others who also worked to create the system we have today.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Here's what I think and maybe I'll get killed over it.

I am against public schools and I am for charter schools. If a charter school has a dress code and you do not like it then you can move your child elsewhere to a school where you can follow the rules. Or you can start your own and make your own rules.

My daughter and son went to private schools and my daughter now goes to a private college (none of our children's education ever took a dollar of government money) we bore the cost of it although I believe I should have been allowed access to tax funds if I wanted them.

The schools where our kids went and where my daughter now goes has a dress code. girls and women must wear skirts or dresses to mid calf. Boys and men in slacks and dress shirts. But we entered into this willingly and it is for US. I would not legislate what you do in your home. Or if you had a private school what you would do.

If we did not agree with this then we could always go somewhere else.

There is a bigger issue in this article that the length of the skirt. We no longer teach respect to authority (I did not say blindly follow) Nobody has a right to tell us what to do and we teach this to our children. I am a believer in liberty but I am not an anarchist.

I do agree there has to be uniform enforcement but on the other hand "fair" is the weather neither good nor bad. Life is not fair, you cannot legislate fair. The parent should have went and spoken to an official behind closed doors and spoken to them.

We have Occupy Movements because little Johnny and little Susie were taught they do not have to follow rules, they were taught if you don't like what the people have decided in elections to have judges overturn them. If that doesn't work then overthrow them, intimidate them.

There are many things we don't like but we do. I hate red lights. Why should I stay still at a red light when there are no vehicles at 3:00 am. I hate speed limits. I can go 85 in Utah and parts of Texas but if I try that in Indiana the pretty lights shine on top of brown Sheriff's cars. Why? Can't I decide my safety speed.

I may not like them, I can try and change the rules through elections (actually I can't because I can't legally vote yet but you get the point)

My point is, if there is a dress code and you do not like it don't break the rules, try and get them changed or go where you can agree with them.

Top Bottom