• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That same 13.5% of the population is responsible for over 50% of the violent crime in this nation.. bringing them into contact with police more often for these violent incidents to occur. If you are going to use statistics as a basis for comparison, at least be honest in your assessment and conceal there is a reason for the black person/officer interactions that lead to the encounters we are discussing.

You guys are missing the point. No one is arguing about the disproportionate numbers. I asking if coverage of those numbers is proportionate? Which I do not believe, which presents a skewed narrative. White people are MORE often killed or shot by police. Heck, white people kill police more often. I think we both know that these events aren't covered nearly as thoroughly as when it's a black offender or victim. Are you understanding my point?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I do study history and I'm aware of that incident (and the troops led by MacAurthur), as well as myriad of other incidents where police and military power was used to stop people from exercising their rights (Kent State in 1970 for example), not to mention outright massacres, like Wounded Knee in 1890. I had hoped that maybe we had progressed past that as a country, but all I've seen in the past 15 years is a slide backward toward statism and totalitarianism, with people wrapping themselves in the flag to justify it. It's pretty sickening.

And on the other side we have Ferguson, MO and Baltimore, MD to demonstrate what happens when there is no threat of force.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You guys are missing the point. No one is arguing about the disproportionate numbers. I asking if coverage of those numbers is proportionate? Which I do not believe, which presents a skewed narrative. White people are MORE often killed or shot by police. Heck, white people kill police more often. I think we both know that these events aren't covered nearly as thoroughly as when it's a black offender or victim. Are you understanding my point?

I am. The media is largely to blame and I agree with you 100%. I wish someone would point that out to the people creating the problems.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I understand your point perfectly. The media is driving the narrative. You NEVER hear about white or even latino shot by police in the media.
    It's always BLACK man shot by police. (Are the police sexist since they don't seem to shoot black women?)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Look at homicide stats in the United States. The numbers do not lie. Black men are approximately 20% the size of the US population of white men and yet commit more homicides every year.

The FBI site has a bar graph of murders committed by race. The proportions are astonishing. Tall bar for blacks. Sort of a medium bar for "hispanics/latino". Very low bar for whites and Asians. Also in the statistics, Blacks mostly kill blacks. Whites mostly kill whites. Hispanics/Latinos mostly kill hispanics/latinos. Asians don't really seem to kill that much to say anything about it.

A while back I downloaded the spreadsheet of crime statistics and removed the black on black murders. If we excluded that the murder rate in the US would be comparable to Europe. Blacks have a cultural problem to fix. And I'm not saying that whites haven't been a contributor to that culture. Certainly dependency politics feeds that beast.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know we shouldn't make judgements but...

Hard not to notice the pan-african patch on militant style clothing of his affiliate

(Micah Xavier on right)

Cm2iTCgW8AA1l3Z.jpg:large

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don't have to google the words I quoted to find where I got the information. I told you where I found the quotes. Black Lives Matter | Freedom & Justice for all Black Lives

It does not surprise me that a BLM local chapter would quote the national organization. Again, if you believe they're not a national organization, you should probably email them and tell them to take their website down and stop organizing local chapters across the continent. I wonder how long it will be until they reach across the pond and become truly international?

If that's the national organization website, they haven't planned any events. Their July calendar is empty... wouldn't that make every BLM event in the past few days unsanctioned? C'mon Jamil, a website does not an organization make.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The Media and politicians are the fuel behind this problem.

FTFY.

The pot is bubbling and the media and politicians are the ones turning up the heat. They have a vested interested in bringing it to a boil.

Anger, fear, division, blame... it all puts money in their pockets.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's true that media coverage is biased. We see wall to wall coverage when a white cop kills a black man. People watch that and automatically judge the shooting according to their bias. Racism, not racism, before we even have the facts. And we don't get all the facts until much later. Things get selectively reported. We saw that in the Michael Brown shooting. We saw that in the Trayvon Martin shooting (not cop, but same principle). The media trotted out baby pictures of both to set a narrative of innocence before the actual facts of the case demonstrated innocence.

We see printed on page 6 of our local newspapers when a black cop kills a white man. Justified? Well, with that kind of case, the facts are usually reported pretty honestly, where people on both sides of the issue can look at the case and usually decide, "yeah, sounds like a justifiable shoot."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know we shouldn't make judgements but...

Hard not to notice the pan-african patch on militant style clothing of his affiliate

(Micah Xavier on right)

Cm2iTCgW8AA1l3Z.jpg:large

That's not just any militant, that's Professor Griff. Former member of Public Enemy (they kicked him out), member of the NOI, racist, and raging black nationalist. He's on that whole "Black man is god" nonsense.

Top Bottom