• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Think maybe the fence sitters and bandwagon riders will start to see the truth? When the ACLU speaks out against it, you know there is something wrong!

ACLU: Reid gun bill could threaten privacy, civil liberties | The Daily Caller

But Calabrese says that Reid’s legislation fails to include those “privacy best practices.”
    “Contrast this with what the existing [Reid] legislation says, which is simply that a record has to be kept of a private transfer,” Calabrese highlighted, “and it doesn’t have any of the protections that we have in current law for existing licensees.”

“And they come to use databases for all sorts of different purposes,” Calabrese said. “For example, the National Counterterrorism Center recently gave itself the authority to collect all kinds of existing federal databases and performed terrorism related searches regarding those databases. They essentially exempted themselves from a lot of existing Privacy Act protections.”

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, in summation, ALL that article says is that the ACLU, in sum total, "has some concerns". Are they DOING anything about the legislation? Not according to that.

Have they filed any lawsuits in Colorado for the exact same thing? Doesn't appear so.

So, at least at this point in time, it's as much useless rhetoric as the anti-gun legislation signed in to law by that whack-job Hickenlooper.

Then again, the ACLU is decidedly anti-gun.

fraige1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Crane
    Never saw the ACLU coming to pro-gun side of the argument, but is a welcome ally to fight all of these nonsense laws.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The "CL" in ACLU = civil liberties. They should be on the cutting edge of this fight.

To All,

I agree with this entirely, and yet as a member of the ACLU I have voiced my concern over their lack of a voice on the 2nd Amendment.

I can only guess that they either don't want to dirty their hands OR they believe that this amendment is already covered by the NRA and other pro 2A organizations.

Either way it is good to see another voice raising issues of concern.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom