CZ 75D Compact, or "I blame it all on INGO"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Or maybe melensdad!!!!!!!! ;)

Went to look at my PSL a few days before the 1500, and got to jaw jacking with the guy who had it. Turns out he had a CZ 75D compact on consignment, and for what I thought sounded like a good price. He was taking it to the 1500, so I told him take it, I dont need another gun right now.

Ive been wanting a CZ ever since I found out more about them here, so I had added it to my "guns to buy" list ;)

Went to pick up my PSL last thursday, and some how, some way he still had the CZ. I couldnt believe it. CZ 75D compact in excellent condition, alloy frame, trigger job, and nite sights. I played with it for a while, held it, and just loved how it felt. Smaller gun, but still could get my full hand on it. Lighter weight, and felt solid. I told him I would let him know before the weekend was out..... I picked it up Sunday :)

Here it is, case with all the normal stuff included:

cz75dc.jpg

im happy, but my gun fund isnt.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have the p01, but I like the way the compacts look. Pretty much the same gun. If you don't mind saying, I'd love to know what those cost on the market right now.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Nope, never shot a CZ handgun, but I figured what I paid can easily be recouped if I dont like it. I cant wait to take it to the range this week, and will report back once I have.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Don't worry, you're going to like it. I put the DPM recoil system in my p01, and it's like shooting a .22 - almost. I've put 1500 rounds through mine without a single malfunction of any kind. Every single time I've pulled the trigger it goes bang. Easy to disassemble and clean, and BTW, people have tried to see how long without cleaning they can go before a malfunction occurs - they quit, because it never does.

Accuracy, like with all handguns, the gun is better than you are most likely, but the ergonomics seem to help a lot. I'm more accurate with my CZ than anything, even my Ruger Mark III.

These are simply fine, fine guns. I doubt very much you'll want to sell it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have the p01, but I like the way the compacts look. Pretty much the same gun.
    Yup, I do too. The P01 is a sweet gun, but with the tactical rail it makes for a hard gun to find a proper holster. I've also got a CZ 75 C. Which is an all steel version with the traditional safety. I can't figure out why they don't make the C with a lightweight alloy frame. The one model I don't have is the D version. I dunno why? :dunno:

I cant wait to take it to the range this week, and will report back once I have.
    It will be interesting to get your initial impressions. And some photos!

Just curious, but do you have any of the modern tactical tupperware guns? If so, I'd be really interested to hear how you think they compare to the CZ.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yup, I do too. The P01 is a sweet gun, but with the tactical rail it makes for a hard gun to find a proper holster. I've also got a CZ 75 C. Which is an all steel version with the traditional safety. I can't figure out why they don't make the C with a lightweight alloy frame. The one model I don't have is the D version. I dunno why? :dunno:

I like the idea of the decocker, but I also like the idea of a real safety. Not sure yet how I feel of having just a decocker, but since this is a DA/SA gun, Im a bit more comfortable with it.

melensdad said:
    It will be interesting to get your initial impressions. And some photos!

Just curious, but do you have any of the modern tactical tupperware guns? If so, I'd be really interested to hear how you think they compare to the CZ.

Will do! I have a bit of experience with a G27, and I own a M&P9c, and a XD40c. So it will be an interesting exercise for comparison I feel.

Last edited:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Welcome to the CZ club! Great looking gun!. And remember while on the range Glock owners will stare jealously and secretly wish they had your gun. :D I'm starting to think CZ envy is an epidemic. :rockwoot:

TempusFugit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Congrats on your new PCR! I've had one for several years and carry it frequently. I'm not a big fan of tupperware and CZs have been a favorite of mine for a long time. You're going to love it.

Top Bottom