• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all -
    I am looking at picking up a used CZ 75 Shadow (sku 91705). This is NOT the SP01 Shadow... it is NOT the Shadow Target, nor is it the Shadow Custom, etc.
    This does not have the full length dustcover/rail

It is the CZ 75 Shadow - same as seen here CZ 75 SHADOW SA/DA 9mm BLACK

It seems to be listed as a factory gun (maybe discontinued in 2011 or 2012, not sure if they are making current runs of them or not)

Big question - Is this gun SSP legal?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    the main reason I ask is the production numbers...weight and size are fine, it is DA/SA, etc. all the other aspects look good.

My NEXT choice would be the SP-01 Shadow, which everyone says is SSP legal -- can anyone confirm/deny this? (I just don't prefer the heavier front end, that's all)

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    I tried searching around and could not easily find a definite answer. You could always email IDPA and see if they can confirm for you. I would be very surprised if the 75 shadow is not SSP legal.

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    You would need to contact CZ Customs to confirm production numbers but assuming they make 2,000 per year everything else in the rules criteria would be met. On that note, you would also want to make sure the SP-01 is actually legal as well. It's tricky with the annual production requirement. If you like the gun and want to shoot one in IDPA you can always start in SA and shoot ESP.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You could always email IDPA and see if they can confirm for you.

The only safe route. Common sense will not take you far when it comes to rule questions.

You do not have to make production numbers on the specific gun configuration, as long as the gun is put together with oem parts that were available on guns with high production numbers . I think. In other words I think as example that a Glock 34 oem part can be put on a Glock 21 , or vica versa and the gun remains legal.

Top Bottom