• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Hmm so i guess the general consensus is that the DA on the 75 with a decocker has a shorter trigger pull? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure if I mentioned or not but I do still have to get my hands on a sp01 to take a look at it as ive only shot a 75b

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    No exactly the opposite. The models with a traditional safety tend to have better (shorter, lighter, smoother) triggers. The de-cocker trigger has more moving parts so it takes more force to overcome that additional resistance. The fewer parts in a trigger system the smoother it will feel usually.

That's not to say you couldn't improve upon a decocker trigger but if you spent the same money on a traditional trigger it will still feel better than an improved upon decocker.

The exception to the rule is of course the Omega trigger which uses the same number parts in either configuration and has a consistent trigger pull across the board.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hmmm alright, why did i think the trigger pull was shorter with a da de-cocker. Anyways, thank you for sorting me out.

It may have felt shorter because the decocker drops the hammer to half cocked position instead of all the way against the slide. If you take the decocker model and decock it to half cocked then take a standard trigger and drop it to half cocked and pull them back to back you will feel a difference and usually the traditional safety model will feel smoother and lighter

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I have the BD Police version. I haven't fired any other CZs or its variants to compare it to but I am completely satisfied with how this gun performs right out of the box. I have never owned a gun that was so easy to shoot well. The trigger is one of the better ones that I've seen on new handguns and it hasn't been upgraded. I'm sure that I don't know what I am missing but to me, this gun needs nothing but ammo.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have the BD Police version. I haven't fired any other CZs or its variants to compare it to but I am completely satisfied with how this gun performs right out of the box. I have never owned a gun that was so easy to shoot well. The trigger is one of the better ones that I've seen on new handguns and it hasn't been upgraded. I'm sure that I don't know what I am missing but to me, this gun needs nothing but ammo.
    It's awesome that you are happy with it as is. Will save you some money.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You guys are the end-all experts on handguns it seems........:D

Oh, you misunderstand. I am not, nor do I ever, tell anyone else what is right for them. I only know what is right for me. And I don't mean to give offense and I am sorry you took it that way. For me, the statements I made are true. You obviously have different ideas of what you like and don't like and I fully support that.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Honestly, I could care less who thinks which handgun manufacturer is the best...whether its Sig, Glock, CZ, FN, HK.....I could give 20,000 craps. What I am tired off is stupid insignificant hearsay that is backed with real-world data.

Top Bottom