• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey INGO family, I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I wanted to share a little project I just wrapped up on Saturday and wanted to get your feedback/thoughts on what I have done. I am looking for thoughts on if I should do more work later on down the road or just leave it like it is. Enjoy the pics of my first custom build

This was a personal project I have been working on for around 6 months (or more). When time allowed I would take 45 mins to 1 hour to tinker around. I just finished it up and figured I would share the pics I took along the way.

This started as a Kimber Custom II
    - First we took out all the internals and converted this into a 70 series pistol
    - Kart Barrel was fit to the pistol
    - National Match Bushing was then fit to the barrel and slide
    - Milled the front cocking serrations off the slide (kept the same angle as the rear serrations... Hi-Power Cuts)
    - Fit the Slide to Frame
    - Fit 2 Hole Trigger
    - Installed a Kimber Magwell
    - Swapped out old springs for Infinity (SVI) springs
    - We did a full boat trigger job with Infinity (SVI) sear and disconnector (Full SVI Ignition System)
    - Infinity (SVI) pins upgrade
    - Infinity (SVI) Guide Rod
    - Milled and Melted in an Infinity (SVI) adjustable rear sight
    - Installed Brazos Lightning Rod F/O Front sight
    - Full Cerakote job: Snipe Grey (Slide/all small parts) and Satin Aluminum (Frame/Hammer).
    - VZ Operator Zebra on order with Turbo Screws

*I picked this pistol up from "Dawg1981" out of the classifieds... here is what it looked like when I got it from him.

*First thing I did was mill the slide for Bomar rear sights so I could install an Infinity SVI rear sight.

*Then I welded the Slide and Frame where the Schwartz safety parts were supposed to go

*I then put the slide on the vice and took measurements, I laid out some ideas of what I wanted to cut, and also lined up where the "Hi Power" cuts would go to so that the angle stayed the same as the rear cocking serrations

*Fit all the parts, Cerakoted, reassembled, installed the front and rear sights.

Updated pics with new VZ grips that came in today along with some with a High Power Practical!

Last edited:

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Looking at the pics, I see some oil got on the slide and frame... the Cerakote job is flawless. Anything that looks off is just a little oil smear:).

Top Bottom