• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Apparently the copies aren't illegal as Staples just copied mine. The guy said he's never seen anywhere that it's illegal. I'm no lawyer, and no I haven't researched this, but I figure if every copy store in Indiana is willing to copy it for you it can't illegal because they wouldn't want to risk their business licenses.

It took two months and 3 weeks. I can have a license to carry but I have to wait for the FBI to get in gear and I can FINALLY carry my beloved Baby Eagle... :D :rockwoot:

Congrats on finally getting your LTCH. I know it's been a pain getting it all sorted out.

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hi everyone. I am new to INGO and have my first question or at lest you might give me some encouragement. I applied for my handgun license at the Harrison Co. Sheriffs office 06/16/08 and mailed it off to the ISP about a week and a half later. I only got the 4 year option because of cash issues. It was that or I had no gas money for that week. Going to work won out so I opted for only 4 years, I can get the life time one when this one is near renewal time. How long of a wait will I have?

Thanks and great site. Glad I found ya'll.

EvoVIIIMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I am also new. I sent my LTCH off on 6/12/08 and received it 7/14/08. Not really sure if the 4 years will be any faster.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Hi everyone. I am new to INGO and have my first question or at lest you might give me some encouragement. I applied for my handgun license at the Harrison Co. Sheriffs office 06/16/08 and mailed it off to the ISP about a week and a half later. I only got the 4 year option because of cash issues. It was that or I had no gas money for that week. Going to work won out so I opted for only 4 years, I can get the life time one when this one is near renewal time. How long of a wait will I have?

Thanks and great site. Glad I found ya'll.

As the law is written now, you can renew your 4 year license with a lifetime license within 120 days of the 4 year license's expiration date.

So... if your license expires 06/2012 in February of 2012 you can apply for a lifetime license renewal.

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the info and advice. I am going to upgrade to the lifetime when its time. Recived my LTCH three days ago and need to get it laminated. You would think they would give you something plastic.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    For some reason Indianapolis takes longer. I believe they may batch up the applications and send them to the State Police. Your wait time seem to be on par with how long it took mine to come.

ruger1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    Bloomington Indiana
    I applied for my on July 17 of 2007 and got it on Aug17 issue date was Aug 15 2007 Not bad for the State I called down and talked to the State Police and they said it be 4-8 weeks and I got my in a month
    Jeff

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Argg still waiting for mine

I applied for my lifetime 07/18/2008 and I am still waiting just over 5 weeks now. I remember back in the 90's you could get them in about 2 weeks

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My local Sheriff's Department took 3 weeks to process mine before i could even mail it to ISP. Is this common?

What type of processing do people have to get from the local PD? I guess I might be happy moving out of Marion and into Johnson Co. It was time to get my lifetime, so I went to the Johnson Co. Sheriff. Took 20 minutes to find the right person to do the app. 10 minutes to fill out the forms (written, not typed). 10 minutes to get printed. $50 cash paid. Out the door. Dropped it in the mail.

For timing, I sent it in to ISP on 8/22 (Friday).

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    My wife just got her CCW permit back that was applied for in Hendricks Co.
    It took about 3 weeks

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    sent in july 15 was received sept 12......made the mistake of applying for the hunting and target practice the first time, ready to go with personal protection now! :rockwoot:

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    Ummmmm..... That's good but why didn't you just apply for the carry permit that will supersede the other one anyway?? :dunno:

well originally I thought that getting the target practice one would let me carry it anywhere but after getting some info here, I contacted ISP and they told me to re-apply for the personal protection if I wanted to carry outside of a gun range. you live and learn......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom