• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    For those of you who are frequent checkers of this thread, like me, here are a couple phone numbers you can use to harass them into capitulation. GOOD LUCK

317-233-5054
    317-232-8264 (this number is, IMHO, the better of the two.)

If every person called and politely expressed their dismay at them not following the IC then maybe they will do something about it.

This is not a call to protest, or a call to arms, just a suggestion.

Le Doug
    I called and she said that my app has not even been processed yet. I applied at Beech Grove PD on 03/10. She said that today, they are processing apps that were received on 03/15 and that mine might be in that batch. I sure hope so!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Applied 3/18 at the local PD - just got it in the mail today!
    That doesn't make sense. I just spoke with the ISP and she said that they are processing apps that were received on 03/15. Since you mailed yours afterwards, I'm baffled. Are you sure you applied on 03/18???

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    :rolleyes:Just called to see when my money orders were cashed. The 50 bucks was cashed same day I turned in my application. The 75 bucks was done on April 14. Doesn't seem like this matters though does it?:crying:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    :rolleyes:Just called to see when my money orders were cashed. The 50 bucks was cashed same day I turned in my application. The 75 bucks was done on April 14. Doesn't seem like this matters though does it?:crying:

I guess not because mine for $75.00 t0 the ISP was cashed three weeks after yours on 05/04/2010 almost three weeks after yours and neither of us has a pink slip yet!! :dunno:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    That doesn't make sense. I just spoke with the ISP and she said that they are processing apps that were received on 03/15. Since you mailed yours afterwards, I'm baffled. Are you sure you applied on 03/18???

No, it doesn't make any sense at all. My fiance applied on 3/4/10 (still nothing). And people who applied on 3/18 are getting theirs first? Our local PDs must have just sat on the paperwork for a couple of weeks.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    No, it doesn't make any sense at all. My fiance applied on 3/4/10 (still nothing). And people who applied on 3/18 are getting theirs first? Our local PDs must have just sat on the paperwork for a couple of weeks.[/quot

I would agree but my $50.00 check to IMPD was cashed on 04/15/2010 two days after I was printed downtown and handed in the application. The Bank says the $75.00 check to the State was cashed on 05/04/2010 or about three weeks later. So if they do not cash the checks until they begin processing and they are now working on 03/15.2010 why was my check cashed on 05/04?? And what does that imply about where my application is in the process and where are those of everyone else that applied earlier? :dunno:

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I wonder if there are any legislators that would be willing to apply some pressure to get ISP in compliance with the law?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In the last 6-8 years, I have learned TWICE that if there is absolutely any discrepancy or a mistake even on their end, they will not notify you. They will file the application away and wait for you to inquire about it.

The first time was about 6-8 years ago when I applied for a renewal. I patiently waited for whatever they said it would take, then a few weeks additional then I called. Come to find out, they insisted my DOB was wrong and it got filed away. Now, I did the initial paper work at the FWPS, and still had a copy. My DOB was correct ( 24th ), but ISP insisted the copy they had said something like the 10th. It went down as a mystery unsolved. LOL I ended up having to send them a copy of my drivers license and a written statement that I had to have notorized. I eventually recieved it.

Then about 4 years later when I applied for my lifetime, I again waited and never recieved it. Again I called, just to find out it had been mailed and returned to them. Again, it was filed away awaiting a call from me. Come to find out, they mailed it to not only a wrong house number, but also the wrong street, and wrong zip. Only thing that was right was my name and details and they did have the right city. This time after talking to them, I had it within a week.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    In the last 6-8 years, I have learned TWICE that if there is absolutely any discrepancy or a mistake even on their end, they will not notify you. They will file the application away and wait for you to inquire about it.

The first time was about 6-8 years ago when I applied for a renewal. I patiently waited for whatever they said it would take, then a few weeks additional then I called. Come to find out, they insisted my DOB was wrong and it got filed away. Now, I did the initial paper work at the FWPS, and still had a copy. My DOB was correct ( 24th ), but ISP insisted the copy they had said something like the 10th. It went down as a mystery unsolved. LOL I ended up having to send them a copy of my drivers license and a written statement that I had to have notorized. I eventually recieved it.

Then about 4 years later when I applied for my lifetime, I again waited and never recieved it. Again I called, just to find out it had been mailed and returned to them. Again, it was filed away awaiting a call from me. Come to find out, they mailed it to not only a wrong house number, but also the wrong street, and wrong zip. Only thing that was right was my name and details and they did have the right city. This time after talking to them, I had it within a week.

Very encouraging. :rolleyes:

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I wonder if there are any legislators that would be willing to apply some pressure to get ISP in compliance with the law?

I may try to contact (and encourage others to do the same) State Senator Marlin Stuzman (who is currently running for US Congress). I have a family member that is a Repub. Cnty chairman and a friend of his. I know Marlin is very gun friendly as he co-authored and helped pass the lifetime LTCH. I also have a couple other political "ins" that I might pursue including Lt. Governor Skillman. Might not help speed things up but it can't hurt.

Would y'all be willing to put your names on a petition/letter of protest to submit to such officials? I will stop by the INGO table at Indy 1500 show tomorrow and see if we can't get something started.

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I may try to contact (and encourage others to do the same) State Rep. Marlin Stuzman (who is currently running for US Congress). I have a family member that is a friend of his. I know Marlin is very gun friendly. I have a couple other political "ins" that I might pursue including Lt. Governor Skillman. Might not help speed things up but it can't hurt.

That would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the heads up on on Rep.Stutzman I will send a letter. Do you think it would help to direct them to this thread so that they could see for themselves the average waiting time? :dunno:

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Let's take some action...

Strength in numbers... 1 letter might not be as effective as I a well drafted letter signed by quite a few members from here/ other like-minded citizens. Having been on the inside of government before, I have some insight on how to get the gears to move a bit faster. I would be glad to help draft a letter of concern and I am sure there are other members on here with similar experience that would do the same. I am also willing to throw on the old suit and hand deliver such a letter to appropriate officials (as I work a block from the Statehouse). If anyone else from Indy would like to get together and brainstorm sometime soon, send me a PM. Perhaps we could even setup a chatroom meeting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom