• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Mailed off the paperwork for my permit on 2/10 and recieved my LTCH today. So roughly 9 weeks, not bad of a wait, I figured I would not get it until the 1st week of May. :rockwoot:
    Awesome! Today marks 6 weeks for me. So, I figure I have 2-3 more weeks. Was hoping to receive mine before my birthday on May 2, but oh well.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I only applied for the 4yr LTCH liscense. I got my approval letter in late jan/early feb and still have not recieved my permit. :scratch: I'm patiently waiting....but I'm running out of patience. :ugh: My friends in MI and AZ joke and say they bet they can take their classes and get their permits before I get mine. One friend in MI took his required class, sent in the paperwork and had his CCW permit within 1 1/2weeks.
    The "approval" letter you recieved was just your local PD saying they are giving you a positive recomendation and letting you know that they have sent it off to the state.
    Now you are waiting on the state to approve you and issue the license. It should be around 60 days from when you recieved that letter, or for closer measure, within 60 days of when your M/O to the "State Of Indiana" was cashed.;)

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    The "approval" letter you recieved was just your local PD saying they are giving you a positive recomendation and letting you know that they have sent it off to the state.
    Now you are waiting on the state to approve you and issue the license. It should be around 60 days from when you recieved that letter, or for closer measure, within 60 days of when your M/O to the "State Of Indiana" was cashed.;)
    Approval letter? Beech Grove never sent one to me. Do all local PDs do that?

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Approval letter? Beech Grove never sent one to me. Do all local PDs do that?

No, I don't believe so. Different PD's do it different ways from what I understand. I know here in my town you drop it off, then pick it back up in 2 weeks and have to mail it yourself. In neighboring S.B. I know they send it for you, I have heard of some places sending a letter to notify you if they have sent it to state etc....

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    No, I don't believe so. Different PD's do it different ways from what I understand. I know here in my town you drop it off, then pick it back up in 2 weeks and have to mail it yourself. In neighboring S.B. I know they send it for you, I have heard of some places sending a letter to notify you if they have sent it to state etc....
    OK, whew. You had me worried. In BC, I simply filled out the application online the night before, picked up my cash and money order on the way to the PD and she printed out my app and did everything including prints.

2-3 more weeks. Can't wait.

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    Went in today to apply for my LTCH. Didn't take long, the nice lady filled out all the paperwork for me including the MO's (I called first and found out to bring blank MO's). She said the current wait was 3 months. BTW, you get to pay an extra $10 in cash to get fingerprinted here in Anderson. Gonna be a long wait...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Went in today to apply for my LTCH. Didn't take long, the nice lady filled out all the paperwork for me including the MO's (I called first and found out to bring blank MO's). She said the current wait was 3 months. BTW, you get to pay an extra $10 in cash to get fingerprinted here in Anderson. Gonna be a long wait...
    I've never heard of a blank money order?!?!?! I don't use them very often, but I thought you had to give a specific figure to get one?!?!?! I learn something new every day!

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    I've never heard of a blank money order?!?!?! I don't use them very often, but I thought you had to give a specific figure to get one?!?!?! I learn something new every day!

My bad.. 2 MO's, one for $50 and one for $75. They fill out who they go to and file the paperwork for you then give you the yellow copy of the application and a receipt for the $50.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Did my paperwork yesterday @ Lafayette PD. Had done the pre-app online but they said they cannot accept that, so started over. She said 2 weeks for them to process locally (WTF?!?) then 8 weeks @ state level. Sigh.

We'll see how long it really takes.

jnicol6600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I feel sorry for you guys that have to wait on the local level. I woundnt think they would have to do that. All they do here is run your drivers license fill out your paperwork and print you then send you on your way to mail it yourself.

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I double checked my approval letter last night and I was approved at the end of Feb. not january like I thought. So as of right now I'm on week #8. And I do remember seeing the M/O was cashed a few days later, so hopefully any day now. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom