• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Powersn130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Hey guys wanted to get some opinions on crossbreedholsters. I've been lookin at them and they seem to be a quality holster but they are pretty pricey....anyone had any issues with theirs? I am lookin to get one for my lcp and my soon to come g27.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Your summary is exactly correct. Quality but pricey. If you search, you will find other discussions about that brand on this board. I'd highly recommend it for the G27, but I'm not too sure about the LCP. If you want to pocket carry the LCP, there are plenty of good/cheaper options available. If you want IWB carry, then the minituck is a good option.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    Hey guys wanted to get some opinions on crossbreedholsters. I've been lookin at them and they seem to be a quality holster but they are pretty pricey....anyone had any issues with theirs? I am lookin to get one for my lcp and my soon to come g27.

Got two of them. One for a G26, one for a Kahr P380. I love them and highly recommend them. I have the horsehide and the cowhide. In my opinion the horsehide is worth the extra $15.

Forgot to add that I have their belt as well. Love it too.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've got a horsehide quick clip for a Sig P6 and it's wonderful. I also have a K-Holster (much cheaper) for 1911 and Keltec PF9. After having both Crossbreed and K-Holster, I think the Crossbreed will last far longer, my 1911 K-Holster is already looking well worn.

I think the Crossbreed is worth extra money I paid for it and is in the long run, probably a better Value.

I would be tempted to try one of the all kydex IWB holsters from someone like Raven for that little Keltec.

Powersn130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Your summary is exactly correct. Quality but pricey. If you search, you will find other discussions about that brand on this board. I'd highly recommend it for the G27, but I'm not too sure about the LCP. If you want to pocket carry the LCP, there are plenty of good/cheaper options available. If you want IWB carry, then the minituck is a good option.

I've never been a fan of pocket carry...never done it myself but it just doesn't seem as secure to me as iwb

Powersn130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Thanks for all the replies guys... I had wondered whether or not the horse hide was worth the extra money....is it just softer or what?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A cheaper option is the Galco King Tuk. Its highly similar to the CrossBreed Super Tuck, to the point where there may be legal action by Crossbreed. Not sure if they make one for the lcp, but I'm carrying a 27 in one and it is a very comfortable holster. I got mine for $48 on a recent trip up to MidWest Gun Exchange (had all Galco 20% off). Midway had them for similar pricing.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Thanks for all the replies guys... I had wondered whether or not the horse hide was worth the extra money....is it just softer or what?

The primary advantage of horsehide is that it holds up better against moisture. If you are a big sweater or are in the south, it is recommended.

slmlrd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G26. I don't think I will ever buy another holster for it. I bought the Crossbreed Quickclip for my PPKs. I didn't like it. I called Crossbreed and told them I didn't like it and wanted to trade it in for a Supertuck. There was a small price difference and they told me not to worry about it. Great customer service.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    I've got the MiniTuck for a Ruger LCP and a SuperTuck for the G19. Both in horsehide, both very comfortable, both conceal well. I got cherry Life Savers with my first order but not with my second. Must be the economy.

weaverml34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Mine conceals my G19 very well and comfortably. Suprised the heck out of my dad one day when he was flipping through one of my NRA magazines and asked me about a Beretta 92fs in an add. I pulled my G19 out of my waistband pulled the mag and locked back the slide and handed it to him. He was astounded that we had been hanging out all day and he had no idea I had it on me. My wife doesn't know half the time if I have it on me or not.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    You pay for the quality. I have used a supertuck for my S&W M&P 40 for about a year now and it is very comfortable and holding up very well. Not really an all day holster with a bigger gun like the M&P but form and fit are perfect. Sign up for the newsletter on their website and you'll get special offers and discount info. I was able to get mine for a steal on one of their "unadvertised sales".

Powersn130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    You pay for the quality. I have used a supertuck for my S&W M&P 40 for about a year now and it is very comfortable and holding up very well. Not really an all day holster with a bigger gun like the M&P but form and fit are perfect. Sign up for the newsletter on their website and you'll get special offers and discount info. I was able to get mine for a steal on one of their "unadvertised sales".

I'll have to do that man thanks... I also found them on midway and I'll prolly order from there just because they are gonna be quicker on shipping...crossbreeds website says that they take up to a month

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I carry Kahr K40 in a supertuck everyday, hardly notice it's there anymore, make sure you get a good belt, lots of great holsters are ruined by a crappy belt

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I love mine. With that said. I have had two issues with the two I own. They squeak when you break them in. I had to tear mine up pretty bad but they do not make a freaking sound now. I'm all mall ninja stealth now. The second problem I have had is that the screw heads can rub and tear a hole in lighter materials such as 5.11 Taclite pants. The solution to this is put some gorilla tape over the screw head.

Top Bottom