• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, Say He's Wrong Man for the Job - Political News - FOXNews.com

Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, Say He's Wrong Man for the Job

Critics say Kevin Jennings is too radical for the job of director of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools, citing what they say is his promotion of homosexuality in schools, his writings about his past drug abuse and his onetime contempt for religion.

President Obama's "safe schools czar" is a former schoolteacher who has advocated promoting homosexuality in schools, written about his past drug abuse, expressed his contempt for religion and detailed an incident in which he did not report an underage student who told him he was having sex with older men.
    Conservatives are up in arms about the appointment of Kevin Jennings, Obama's director of the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools, saying he is too radical for the job.
    Jennings was appointed to the position largely because of his longtime record of working to end bullying and discrimination in schools. In 1990, as a teacher in Massachusetts, he founded the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which now has over 40 chapters at schools nationwide. He has also published six books on gay rights and education, including one that describes his own experiences as a closeted gay student.
    (snipped for brevity, the rest can be read at above link)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Doesn't matter who holds the office. This republican created department needs to be disbanded. There's no Constitutional authority for it or its mandate. As for the current occupant, I don't have a problem with many of his so-called faults. Writing books on gay rights is not repugnant to me. Founding a group that brings gays and straights together is no big deal. Knowledge and understanding are good things in a rational world. Sounds like lots of folks suffering from homophobia are the ones with issues.

Forget about the man holding the office, that's just a distraction from the real issue.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Personally I do not think it is the schools place to teach my children about homosexuality. Religion is supposed to be taboo in schools, unless you are speaking against it that is.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ... and detailed an incident in which he did not report an underage student who told him he was having sex with older men.
    I definitely have a problem with that...

Religion and homosexuality might as well be non-issues in school, not subjects pushed on kids to form an opinion on. Try teaching the constitution to kids again.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Even more details have come out about his not reporting the 15yr old boy having sex with the older man. It appears he even suggested the boy use condoms and continue the relationship.

Gotta love the quality of these Czars, eh?

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Doesn't matter who holds the office. This republican created department needs to be disbanded. There's no Constitutional authority for it or its mandate. As for the current occupant, I don't have a problem with many of his so-called faults. Writing books on gay rights is not repugnant to me. Founding a group that brings gays and straights together is no big deal. Knowledge and understanding are good things in a rational world. Sounds like lots of folks suffering from homophobia are the ones with issues.

Forget about the man holding the office, that's just a distraction from the real issue.

Agreed. No need for this. I don't like the Czar thing as a whole.

Top Bottom