• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Someone told me that a few credit card companies will refuse the purchase if you try to use their card at a gun shop. I don't see how this is possible, but has anyone else heard of this?

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I remember seeing a video online about this, I think it was Bank Of America. It was on YouTube so who knows if it was real. The only limit I have on any of mine (for now) is my financial advisor (wife).

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've heard Bank of America is anti, and someone posted here a while back about Chase freezing their account after an ammo purchase, but I'm sure there are others. The only cc I have is an NRA card.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've heard that some processing companies will not process transactions, but I've never had an issue with my card. Then again, it's a USAA card so the people backing it are used to firearms purchases.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    True story, I posted it a while back.

Just before the last gun show, while things were pretty heated up.

So buyers at LGS tried to run a card through and the card co. refused them.

ALSO a dealer in AZ made deposits from his sales and BOA "froze" his accounts and wouldn't process his deposit, "because the didn't agree with his business"

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    So, I wonder what the thinking and logic is behind this. Is it trying to stay in the good graces of the current administration? Is it in full support of the current administration's goal of disarming the American people? Or is there really someone high enough up on the banking food chain making that "moral decision"??

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I remember seeing a video online about this, I think it was Bank Of America. It was on YouTube so who knows if it was real. The only limit I have on any of mine (for now) is my financial advisor (wife).

As if there aren't enough reasons already to AVOID doing business with BOA already, this should seal the deal.

There are PLENTY of alternatives to BOA. Choose a different bank!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I, too, remember seeing stories of the Bank of Anti-America doing this. Of course, if my credit union tried this crap then I'd just use good ol' greenbacks for all my LGS purchases. If not for convenience, I'd do it anyway.

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    The issue is some "genius" lawyer will figure out that that credit company financed this crazy man's bullets to do a mass murder. Since the crazy man does not have the money to pay the victims the credit company will be on the hook to pay. It's a far fetched idea, but Michael Moore was able to make K-Mart pull all the ammo after the columbine shooting.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I used a BoA credit card to buy a gun a month or so ago, at a gun shop just too see if it would go through or get denied, it went through no problems

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    For the record, I don't like BoA, they can suck it but they acquired the company I originally had the card through.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    If I'd outspent my credit cards, I'd claim anti-gun zealots too.

Bingo. I highly doubt that any credit card company would deny you a purchase just because its a gun shop. Probably just people over spending. You get a better deal paying with cash anyways leave the plastic at home when youre buying guns.

Top Bottom