Crawfordsville provisions being repealed...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I recently contacted the City of Cville regarding their repealing of offending gun restrictions, and one of the provisions is repealing the ban on firearms discharge which I honestly thought wouldn't be covered with the effect of the new state law. I thought it was just possession and carrying, not use (which would still be legal with the right circumstances -- self-defence, etc.)

That said, here is the language of that section:
    "The following codified sections of the Crawfordsville City Code, are hereby repealed:
    C. Discharge of firearms. No person shall discharge any firearm with live ammunition within the corporate limits of the city except for a duly constituted police officer in the exercise of his duties as such officer."

I just got thinking about this with the other dog thread going on. I love my dog, but if he (God forbid) ever bit my daughter, there wouldn't be a second chance, and I don't want to go to the vet and pay a ridiculous fee for a dog that I will no longer have.

Could I end him on my property?
    L0BBQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I recently contacted the City of Cville regarding their repealing of offending gun restrictions, and one of the provisions is repealing the ban on firearms discharge which I honestly thought wouldn't be covered with the effect of the new federal law.

Federal law?:dunno:\

Are you referencing SB292? That is a state law.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are asking if you should discharge a firearm near your friends and neighbors?

Of all the dog shooting threads on INGO do you really want to risk prosecution for . . . Animal Cruelty, Criminal Recklessness, Criminal Mischief, etc.?

I wouldn't kill anyone's dog, even my own. If you want to "put your dog down" then whatever you pay the vet will be a pittance compared to other outcomes.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I was aware of other possible charges such as what you mentioned, as well as possible safety issues, that I would have to consider. I'm just curious about this specific ordinance.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    C. Discharge of firearms. No person shall discharge any firearm with live ammunition within the corporate limits of the city except for a duly constituted police officer in the exercise of his duties as such officer."
    It sounds like you can't shoot a bad guy who's trying to kill you without breaking that law.

That's really stupid.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    IIRC from talking to people on the fire department Crawfordsville's corporate limits extends 2 miles outside of the actual city limits.

Top Bottom