• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    that is ridiculous but I expect nothing less from craigslist. One time I went to buy a desk off of Craigslist and had set up the appointment to see it three days in advance because I was waiting on the guy to have time. I show up at the house to see the desk and the guy doesn't answer the phone...he finally does and says he will be up in a minute. That is when he proceeds to tell me that another person showed up just a few minutes before and offered him more than his asking price. He was asking 350 and she offered 400. He said I could still get it if I wanted to offer 450. Goes without saying, I was pretty upset. Not only did he waste my time, he hustled the other person out of additional money. He seriously set up two people to see the same thing at the exact same time without telling either one of us. It is hard to believe people like this. Sorry to hear about your craigslist experience.

SOP for a lot of people these days. Craigs list is a dice roll.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anytime I do business, especially with CL people, its in a busy parking lot, Wal-mart or Cabelas. I am carrying and I always have my guy spotting from a few parking slots over... He has the 12 gauge ready to go....

That is more like a clandestine drug deal. What in this whole world is worth that kind of activity.

True that CL is not responsible for the actions of those who would take advantage. It is just a place that makes it convenient for them. The OP's dad should have done the work and would have discovered the flaw in the deal but it sounds as if he was anxious and way to trusting. Easy pray for the predators.
    On the other end of this, back up with a shotgun is a bit extreme as well. No knock on you amigo but gun play in a public parking lot is a bit wild west. My wife shops and has my grand daughter with her a lot. The world would get really weird if something happened to them. Just a thought.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    When purchasing a vehicle you should also check the title to make sure it isnt a salvage unit.

Its not just craigslist, I have had bad experiences with INGO members as well.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    If that was all that is wrong with it, he's damn lucky.

Who pays MORE than book value for a used vehicle?

Top Bottom