• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    If someone's solution is to shoot the government worker on the spot, maybe they should be looked at....and not have firearms.

I don't think CPS is doing great work, but its not as if they are coming in in the night and stealing children from their beds.

So frankly I hope that doesn't happen...it will only hurt firearms causes, and likely give agencies like CPS access to more physical force in doing what they do.
    Kind of what I thought, but I didnt want to get shot...

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I don't think CPS is doing great work, but its not as if they are coming in in the night and stealing children from their beds.

elian2.gif

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    So, a CPS worker came to the door and asked a couple simple questions. She then had the audacity to ask his children a question and then look in the refrigerator before leaving. He also stated that he happened to see a police car down the street which may or may not have been related to the CPS worler's arrival. Oh the humanity!!!!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, a CPS worker came to the door and asked a couple simple questions. She then had the audacity to ask his children a question and then look in the refrigerator before leaving. He also stated that he happened to see a police car down the street which may or may not have been related to the CPS worler's arrival. Oh the humanity!!!!!

Ok, I'll be over to your place shortly to question you and your kids and look through your place with no warrant. Refuse, and I'll use the legal system to exact revenge on you.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Wow. Why were those questions relevant at all?? Why weren't they asking about beating the kids or something? Just the fact that they view those 4 things as red flags is worrisome. I think a decent portion of this website identify with those things. But maybe you think its okay for the government to harass people for their beliefs and eating habits. :noway:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Wow. Why were those questions relevant at all?? Why weren't they asking about beating the kids or something? Just the fact that they view those 4 things as red flags is worrisome. I think a decent portion of this website identify with those things. But maybe you think its okay for the government to harass people for their beliefs and eating habits. :noway:

The only thing I read was about a CPS worker following up on a case she knew was BS, asked simple questions, did the basic look in the refrigerator, left and closed out the case.

I've had my odds with CPS over the years, but the bloggers account of what happened is regarding about as simple a visit as it can get. They are required to follow up on every complaint they get, regardless of how idiotic. This sounds like a simple case of taking five minutes to put an end to another in a long list of BS complaints.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The only thing I read was about a CPS worker following up on a case she knew was BS, asked simple questions, did the basic look in the refrigerator, left and closed out the case.

I've had my odds with CPS over the years, but the bloggers account of what happened is regarding about as simple a visit as it can get. They are required to follow up on every complaint they get, regardless of how idiotic. This sounds like a simple case of taking five minutes to put an end to another in a long list of BS complaints.

So I could tell CPS that you were feeding your kids spaghetti tonight and they would have to come check it out? Nothing they asked him was criminal, whatsoever!!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Since when have they been required to follow up with a home visit on every complaint they get? Or even follow up at all? I'm not being sarcastic I am curious if their is law/case law to that effect and when it was put into place.

I've been on both sides of a CPS complaint. Neither one had a home visit, neither one talked to the child.

To expand on it, I had CPS called on me due to a falling out with my child's grandparents. They called and my sons mom talked to them and told them what was going on, they so okay sorry to bother you. No home visit, no talking to my child, no frige check, no ..... And the complaints were numerous. I wasn't feeding my child correctly, I was beating him, I was denying him medical care, I was ......

On the complaint I (sorta) made there was a child I thought might be a victim of molestation. To make a long story kinda short, I brought it up to the childs Mom who immediately broke off contact with me. Very shortly after I had contact with a Detective in the area, after the reason for the contact was cleared up I asked his advice off record because if I was wrong I didn't want to cause any problems with the child (I had heard about how CPS works and what they can do and such and if I was wrong I didn't want the child or their parent/family put through it) or with my relationship to the child or family. The Detc told me it would stay between me and him :rolleyes: and let me handle it how I saw fit.

After I told him everything he agreed that it sounded like molestation and that he didn't lie but he was wrong when he said it would stay between the two of us and let me decide how to handle it, that what I told him required him to contact CPS and make a formal complaint. He told me that if I wished to remain uninvoled in it he would make it an anonymous informant but if I was willing to be interviewed it would help and that my name would not be given out to the people involved.

I told the officerer if the case worker wanted to talk to me that I was willing. And to list my name and number. I got a call from the case worker and told her everything and she said she would be back in touch. After a couple of weeks I called her back and she said that the report didn't merit and investigation. They called and talked to a parent but that was it.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Ok, I'll be over to your place shortly to question you and your kids and look through your place with no warrant. Refuse, and I'll use the legal system to exact revenge on you.

This is the heart of it. CPS can take a person's child away. They can take their child and it might be weeks before that parent ever has their day in court. They have way too much power and way too little training.

Top Bottom