• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Are all "2A supporting" presidents going to be sniffing in our gun safes telling us what we are allowed to own?

Trump's assault has lasting effects. Biden is using the EXACT same scheme to regulate AR pistols. He left Biden the blueprint.

I see posts of people bemoaning Biden over it, yet Trump gets a pass? What happened to standing up for what is right?

What if we had all stood up vocally, and forcefully, to denounce his statements and actions? Ohh that's right, opposing executive gun regulations and red flag laws makes you a leftist when they come from the Orange Infringer.
    Out of the last 40 years President Trump is the one that concerns you.... lol

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unfortunately, I think those views were drowned out as not falling in line.

Seeing how easily a segment of gun owners could be manipulated to loudly argue for more gun control simply based on the messenger was a profound moment for me.
    This is the danger of team sports.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Absolutely. Shame on me for believing he was on our side....

Clinton, Obama, Biden.... they stabbed you from the front so you could see it coming. Trump stabbed in the back.
    So lol, you were really better off during the clinton,obama and the first two years of biden administrations?

If yes, please send me some of that weed you're smoking. Im going to need it when I get my 700 gal + - off road diesel fuel bill later this week.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So lol, you were really better off during the clinton,obama and the first two years of biden administrations?

If yes, please send me some of that weed you're smoking. Im going to need it when I get my 700 gal + - off road diesel fuel bill later this week.
    I don't understand these leaps in logic, I really don't

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    OK, I haven't dug into this. Could SCOTUS not taking the case be on the basis of an expectation that Bruen will be applied at the appellate level? In my head is the thought that SCOTUS won't take many more until there is a track record with application of Bruen or evidence it is being ignored.
    Right. The court often passes on cases that will not set the mark they wish to set. We know from his statements that Thomas wants to do more related to the 2A but it must be the right case. This likely was not the right case…
    This is not about Bruen, nor really from a purely constitutional perspective about 2A. It is about whether or not the courts continue to defer to the bureaucracy in translating "law" into "regulations". I.e. that bump stocks make a machine gun.

This is about Chevron/Auer/Seminole Rock deference to bureaucracy created regs... and unfortunately, bump stock bans are not the case this court is looking for to take a machete to that deference principal that's been in effect for 7-8 decades.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is not about Bruen, nor really from a purely constitutional perspective about 2A. It is about whether or not the courts continue to defer to the bureaucracy in translating "law" into "regulations". I.e. that bump stocks make a machine gun.

This is about Chevron/Auer/Seminole Rock deference to bureaucracy created regs... and unfortunately, bump stock bans are not the case this court is looking for to take a machete to that deference principal that's been in effect for 7-8 decades.
    I agree. This is not the case to stop the overreach no matter how much we want it to be.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't understand these leaps in logic, I really don't

Goods need weighed against bads.

Overall, Trump was good for me, afterall he subsidized half of my benelli M4. His policies were also responsible for me having the most disposable income I've ever had in my life.

The bumpstock ban was bad, full stop.

It just starts mattering less when your quality of life is dropping off a cliff due to the next administration's policies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Goods need weighed against bads.

Overall, Trump was good for me, afterall he subsidized half of my benelli M4. His policies were also responsible for me having the most disposable income I've ever had in my life.

The bumpstock ban was bad, full stop.

It just starts mattering less when your quality of life is dropping off a cliff due to the next administration's policies.
    As CM would have said; BINGO…

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I applaud this decision, but I still think they're worthless and will never own one. Just seems like a good way to create a lot of empty brass in a hurry and very little else. :): But I think that those that want them should be able to have them if they want them.
    I've fired one and found 3 round bursts on man sized targets out to 100 yds were doable with a small amount of practice. Way cheaper than a burst or FA trigger group. Could be useful in a combat situation

Top Bottom