• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ok so today my buddy went and bought himself a brand new shield! Liked mine so much that he had to get one, in 9mm. Ok so here is the issue:

When the slide is pulled back, it does not go all the way back to the slide lock without a LOT of force near the end (mine goes all the way back and locks just like it should) and then when it is released, the slide seems to catch on the front of the guide rod and you need to give it a push to get it back in place.

Otherwise its just fine other than I noticed the barrel looked a little dirty for a new gun. Anybody else have these issues? Im stumped. :dunno:

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    The spring is pretty stiff on mine. I have to rack mine overhand. Mine did loosen some after a couple hundred rounds. Has he field stripped it and cleaned it yet?

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I bought mine Sat. I went to the range and shot about 50 through it and I did notice that it was flakey when I put the loaded mag in and released the slide. It did seem like it got hung up in the front. Now that you posted this, I think I'll be looking further into this potential problem.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    The spring is pretty stiff on mine. I have to rack mine overhand. Mine did loosen some after a couple hundred rounds. Has he field stripped it and cleaned it yet?

Mine is stiff to but thats expected. Its the last push to get the slide to lock with a loaded mag. Not cleaned it yet just got it back not to long ago and had to go to work.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    When the slide is pulled back, it does not go all the way back to the slide lock without a LOT of force near the end (mine goes all the way back and locks just like it should) and then when it is released, the slide seems to catch on the front of the guide rod and you need to give it a push to get it back in place.

It should not catch but small semi-automatics like this generally have stronger recoil springs than larger ones. This is due to the fact that the slide has less mass and so it recoils harder than a bigger gun does. To cushion that recoil the spring must be stiffer than the larger gun and so the downside is that it's more difficult to rack the slide.

But if there is really a catch, an edge or groove that should not be there, then you may want to have a gunsmith look at it. Or call the factory.

It's also possible that this will clear up after firing it a few times.

ggag55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Lagrange
    I have been looking at the shield. My buddy got one and i have shot it a few times, but i just don't care for the trigger. I don't know if it is just his or not but it has a mushy trigger on it and i just can't get use to it.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ok so we went out and shot it this weekend and a pretty big issue came up. first mag was great. second on the other hand..... the slide kept getting caught on the end cap of the guide rod! Ive never seen this before! It is really bad about this. Anybody else seen this issue before? I sure would not trust my life with this gun! Does fine when you fire fast as possible though...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ok so we went out and shot it this weekend and a pretty big issue came up. first mag was great. second on the other hand..... the slide kept getting caught on the end cap of the guide rod! Ive never seen this before! It is really bad about this. Anybody else seen this issue before? I sure would not trust my life with this gun! Does fine when you fire fast as possible though...

Dumb question: Is there any way possible that the guide rod was installed backwards after a tear-down & clean?

-J-

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

I do not see how that is possible. That would mean the slide is traveling to far forward! :dunno:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Dumb question: Is there any way possible that the guide rod was installed backwards after a tear-down & clean?

-J-

Absolutely not. Impossible in the shield. I had a 40 so I know how it comes down and goes back. Such a stupid issue. He wants to take it back to the shop and see if he can exchange/get a refund. We shall see what happens.

Top Bottom