• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    Went looking for a new gun yesterday, and the owner of the gun store told me that there are rumors that ammo price will increase significantly next year. Not sure how he knows this, but I don't think that he was trying to get me to buy ammo. What do you think?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive heard the same for the last couple years. Just like everything else with inflation. Most things do go up some every year. But its never a bad thing to stock up on some extra ammo if you find a deal.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    He's probably just saying that so he could get you to buy ammo today. Kinda like people saying that the Lifetime carry license will be taken away the next year. It never really happens.

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I'm not looking to go about kicking the proverbial hornet's nest, but I think there's a pretty good chance this is going to happen. Part of it is the inevitable fact of inflation. The other thing which I think will play the biggest drive in further increasing the price of ammunition- is the political mantras surrounding Campaign 2012. The NRA is going to be screaming about Obama's plans to ban certain calibers, weapons, magazine sizes, etc. This contributes to surges in demand, which lead in turn, to higher prices as people seek to capitalize off the panic buyers.

In no way am I opposed to the N.R.A. or what they stand for, I just wish they'd quit beating some of the same horses over and over again, and contributing to the cycles of panic buying which occur.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Went looking for a new gun yesterday, and the owner of the gun store told me that there are rumors that ammo price will increase significantly next year. Not sure how he knows this, but I don't think that he was trying to get me to buy ammo. What do you think?
    Anytime there is an increase in buying of just about anything, the price of that item goes up. With the large increase in people getting their permits, means more people buying ammo, which means the stores want more money, the mfg`s want more money, which means the price of ammo goes up. Ya, it does not supprise me.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Just to paraphrase the old "underground" comic book saying:

"Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo."

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think there's a reason to panic as has been said here, but I do believe as well it will go up until the election like last time.

Plus, generally prices aren't going down, so it's always a good time to buy it and stock up...

:twocents:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Let me tell you, the prices have gone up so much this last month that I bought .45ACP for cheaper than I've ever bought it from anywhere, ever.

Darn tootin', sounds like that guy was right. Better get that carryin' permit too before it goes away.

I really did buy (50) Federal 45 Auto FMJ's for $17/box. Cheaper than I've ever seen it.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    We use to sell PMC 1000 round cases for $299.00, now my cost from two of my major distributors is more than what I was selling it for and it is hard to get.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    There are lots of people saying to buy now because ammo prices are going up. Heck, the speculators are already saying gas prices are going to be $5.00+ this summer too.

I think there are probably more people starting to buy now because they want to avoid 2008 panic level prices. Therefor they are pre-panicing, which in return is just going to make the 2012 panic level prices come sooner then later.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    There is the uncertainty that will drive up prices. But the simple fact that the raw materials prices are on the rise which means the real live actual cost to produce will go up. So we get to pay more.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    People can boo and hiss all they want, but there will be more dollars needed for EVERYTHING. The current leadership has increased the debit ABOVE the amount of the entire value in the ecomony. The ammo is not getting more expensive, the money is worth less. A $10,000 pile of cash this year will only buy the same goods as $8000 did a little over a year ago. Wait until china calls in our IOU's.

Food is going to double really quick. Quality chicken already costs more than I used to pay for top cuts of steak. When my son was born the price of top grade Winchester superX .45 ammo broke $10/box, and people could not believe "what this world is coming to". Sins of the past will always haunt the generations of the future. We had balanced Federal and State budgets when Kennedy took office, and Fed taxes were only a few percent.

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I'm not looking to go about kicking the proverbial hornet's nest, but I think there's a pretty good chance this is going to happen. Part of it is the inevitable fact of inflation. The other thing which I think will play the biggest drive in further increasing the price of ammunition- is the political mantras surrounding Campaign 2012. The NRA is going to be screaming about Obama's plans to ban certain calibers, weapons, magazine sizes, etc. This contributes to surges in demand, which lead in turn, to higher prices as people seek to capitalize off the panic buyers.

In no way am I opposed to the N.R.A. or what they stand for, I just wish they'd quit beating some of the same horses over and over again, and contributing to the cycles of panic buying which occur.

+1

Seems like I get a daily email alert from the NRA, and that gets me stirred up sometimes. The current white house administration has done wonders for all gun related businesses.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, ammo prices are increasing because of the pre election freak out. Some buisnesses reporting it getting harder to get .223 and 7.62x39 ammo, and prices have gone up. Prices where steady until just recently. It's not inflation in this case, it's panic buying.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I get emails from CDNN and they had a warning about prices going up very soon.

Like the last time, fear of obama-messiah is causing panic buying. And the funny thing I wonder about is if all those doing the panic buying were to vote against the sitting president, would that help get rid of him?

Top Bottom