jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fauci handed it to Rand Paul.

Fouci's point about Sweden isn't really a valid argument. It's not a valid counterpoint to say that the reason you can't compare Sweden to the US is because Sweden did worse than other Scandinavian countries. Okay, fine. You've proven an irrelevant conclusion. If the point is that Sweden didn't do mass lock-downs, and they fared better than the US, so therefore lock-downs aren't necessary to have an outcome better than ours. So it doesn't matter how well Sweden did compared to other countries. It matters that Sweden did better than the US and without the same measures we took here. That's not to say the "Sweden" logic is completely sound though. A similar and relevant counter-point involving the other Scandinavian countries would be that they did better than both the US and Sweden with lock-downs.

Fouchi's point on NY was a bazinga though.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Restaurants can open at 100% capacity...

BUT...

They are to continue enforcing the 6' social distancing rule.

I can't think of many places I frequent that have the square footage to pull this off at 100%.

One of my favorite local joints hasn't bothered opening for dine in through any of the previous stages because of this. They judged that they couldn't maintain the 6' rule, even at 25% capacity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Restaurants can open at 100% capacity...

BUT...

They are to continue enforcing the 6' social distancing rule.

I can't think of many places I frequent that have the square footage to pull this off at 100%.

One of my favorite local joints hasn't bothered opening for dine in through any of the previous stages because of this. They judged that they couldn't maintain the 6' rule, even at 25% capacity.

The little corner bar near me has been packed (full parking lot plus overflow onto the street). They've got outdoor seating as well, but I rarely see more than a couple of people using it. It's tiny. No way they've been maintaining "social distancing" rules. I say bully for them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When they opened businesses up partially, the wife and I were biking along the river in Jeffersonville and saw a pizza place with an outdoor porch packed to the gills. Ain't no social distancing happening there. Just a loud crowd of people liftin' beers and eating pizza and generally having a good ole time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, enough people to be loud enough who bothered to show up to that rally at least.

In my experience, no one likes the masks, but it's not such a huge deal for most.

It's less that the masks per se are a huge deal, but rather that Governors are using extra-constitutional power to mandate mask-wearing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When they opened businesses up partially, the wife and I were biking along the river in Jeffersonville and saw a pizza place with an outdoor porch packed to the gills. Ain't no social distancing happening there. Just a loud crowd of people liftin' beers and eating pizza and generally having a good ole time.

So, are they all dead now? I keep waiting for lanes to open up on the freeway

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, are they all dead now? I keep waiting for lanes to open up on the freeway

I doubt it. They all looked like they were in their 20s. Almost no one in their 20s died from the rona. And of course, old ****ers typically don't hang out on the porch of pizzerias.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Meanwhile in Canada

Forced Quarantine & Secret Facilities in Canada? Viva Frei Vlawg

[video=youtube;jMj1ficDelc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMj1ficDelc[/video]

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    PEF8T8z.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As well we all should be.

Show me the bodies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom