• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It's being reported that the vaccinations are starting late October / early November.
    In other words, they're in a hurry and your name is Guinea Pig.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In other news, it looks like various corticosteroids (inexpensive, well-understood, and abundant) are very effective after the cytokine storm starts. That's great for treatment options.

Perhaps even as important as a vaccine. Kinda like we have the flu vaccine, but we also have strong antibiotics for those cases that the vaccine may not stop.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The problem is data wants a binary answer to a question that does not have a binary answer. Why are we even having this discussion? Because the disease has been politicized. Through this disease we are enduring I have come to understand that any type of death rates are anything but precise, more like horseshoes and hand grenadines...

3 options isn't binary

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's being reported that the vaccinations are starting late October / early November.
    In other words, they're in a hurry and your name is Guinea Pig.

Anyone who is not in healthcare, not in a nursing home or is not old and have a bunch of comorbidities will be far, far down the list.

Healthy white people...the most likely to be anti-vax...are at the very bottom of the list.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Anyone who is not in healthcare, not in a nursing home or is not old and have a bunch of comorbidities will be far, far down the list.

Healthy white people...the most likely to be anti-vax...are at the very bottom of the list.

The vaccine fight will make the mask skirmish look like a little kids birthday party...The maskholes will become vaxholes...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The vaccine fight will make the mask skirmish look like a little kids birthday party...The maskholes will become vaxholes...

I am here predicting that COVID vaccinations will not be mandated for adults (outside of group living situations) in most states, by the governments at least.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am here predicting that COVID vaccinations will not be mandated for adults (outside of group living situations) in most states, by the governments at least.

Agreed, Massachusetts will but not most others. I could see serious court challenges to the decision that allowed state mandated vaccinations.

I am predicting here that the battle will be with employers requiring them. They will be thinking if we vaccinate everyone then we can restock the cube farms and be liability free...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Agreed, Massachusetts will but not most others. I could see serious court challenges to the decision that allowed state mandated vaccinations.

I am predicting here that the battle will be with employers requiring them. They will be thinking if we vaccinate everyone then we can restock the cube farms and be liability free...

That sounds plausible to me. Some businesses may find that they have seen cost savings and greater profits from the "work at home" thing.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis

I hope you are right, but I see nothing that gives me confidence that you are.

The authoritarians are wielding power.

When the elephants dance, the chickens must be careful...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Based upon past implementations I'd expect that various forms of coercion will be exercised rather than a simple order from on high.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That sounds plausible to me. Some businesses may find that they have seen cost savings and greater profits from the "work at home" thing.

Although the WSJ recently had an article that after an initial period of success many compare finding maintaining productivity and training difficult. There is also the unaccounted for spontaneous reaction productivity that is lost. I'm not so certain that a huge portion of business will embrace the work at home...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In other news, it looks like various corticosteroids (inexpensive, well-understood, and abundant) are very effective after the cytokine storm starts. That's great for treatment options.

Perhaps even as important as a vaccine. Kinda like we have the flu vaccine, but we also have strong antibiotics for those cases that the vaccine may not stop.

Influenza is a virus. Strong antibiotics might mitigate opportunistic or secondary infections by bacteria, but will do nothing to affect the primary infection with the flu

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I hope you are right, but I see nothing that gives me confidence that you are.

The authoritarians are wielding power.

When the elephants dance, the chickens must be careful...

I'm not just "gut feeling" this thing. There are medical policy groups (which government usually follow) who are studying how to effectuate vaccines and everything I have seen thus far starts with voluntary vaccinations and then uses different rubrics to determine whether there is "adequate" control being obtained, especially as to the most vulnerable populations. There is discussion of mandatory vaccinations, but only in certain populations unless there is a demonstrated inability to stop the pandemic...in other words, many months down the road after the beginning of vaccines. This is not to say that places like Massachusetts or New York would not jump on the mandatory vaccination bandwagon early, but ironically, they probably would not have to.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Looks like both China and Russia are developing SAR-Cov-2 vaccines by modifying common cold viruses. If I understand correctly, it's a harmless common cold virus and they "add" some COVID-specifc proteins to it so that the body develops T-cells and anti-bodies for the proteins on the coronavirus. Kinda like a sheep in a wolf's clothing.

Appears to be a technique that's been around for decades and at least partially used for previous pandemics, but the pandemics petered out before they could ramp up.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...-are-being-used-in-vaccines-from-russia-china

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Based upon past implementations I'd expect that various forms of coercion will be exercised rather than a simple order from on high.

THIS^^^ There is already high level talk in the airline industry of requiring proof of vaccination for air travel. You will go on a no fly list without said proof, and it won't be a HIPAA violation because you will have the choice to not provide proof and they will have the choice to not allow you to fly

Their recovery turns to a large extent on making their customers feel safe. Fake vaccine letters in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'm not just "gut feeling" this thing. There are medical policy groups (which government usually follow) who are studying how to effectuate vaccines and everything I have seen thus far starts with voluntary vaccinations and then uses different rubrics to determine whether there is "adequate" control being obtained, especially as to the most vulnerable populations. There is discussion of mandatory vaccinations, but only in certain populations unless there is a demonstrated inability to stop the pandemic...in other words, many months down the road after the beginning of vaccines. This is not to say that places like Massachusetts or New York would not jump on the mandatory vaccination bandwagon early, but ironically, they probably would not have to.

Dictators self-identify when they try to dictate...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've not been following all 400+ pages on the kung fu flu, but it looks like the US is up to 186,000 deaths and 6,130,000.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...hrome.0.0l4.9863j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So my quick math tells me the kung fu flu right has a survival rate right around 97%. Among those that are not elderly, in a nursing home, or living with a compromised immune system, the survival rate would be 97%+

So for this we kneecapped an economy, tossed millions of individuals out of work, financed ungodly sums of debt on the backs of our children and grandchildren, ruined countless small businesses, and financially ruined individuals across the country?

This whole plannedemic stinks like a steaming pile of horse****.

There are some heads that need to roll.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So for this we kneecapped an economy, tossed millions of individuals out of work, financed ungodly sums of debt on the backs of our children and grandchildren, ruined countless small businesses, and financially ruined individuals across the country?

This whole plannedemic stinks like a steaming pile of horse****.

There are some heads that need to roll.

Ok. Out of curiosity, at what level would those heads be?

Local gov't? State? Federal?

Or do you mean certain business leaders? We don't need to be specific about people, but what... roles... are you interested in holding responsible?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Ok. Out of curiosity, at what level would those heads be?

Local gov't? State? Federal?

Or do you mean certain business leaders? We don't need to be specific about people, but what... roles... are you interested in holding responsible?

Local, state, and federal heads. (Of course, I am always in favor of federal heads and dissolution of the central state but that is another topic)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom