• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It's one of the most secluded place on the planet.
    Not many people are going in and out so the chances of getting the virus inside the country are probably some of the lowest in the world.

They don't have open tourism, but they still have trade with China. Given their poverty, they don't have much to keep coronovirus under control.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not many people are going in and out so the chances of getting the virus inside the country are probably some of the lowest in the world.

Make an interesting experiment about virus control approaches. What's more effective, controlling the virus by stopping people from moving or better medical system.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

Yes, it is one of the most secluded places on the planet, EXCEPT for its border with China. I seriously doubt that Kung Flu didn’t get into the country before the virus was recognized,

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The only good thing I have to say about my econ teacher in high school is he got me VERY interested in the markets. Then my mother and father helped me learn more and get an early start.
    It's never too late for you to start.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Make an interesting experiment about virus control approaches. What's more effective, controlling the virus by stopping people from moving or better medical system.

Not really, because it won't be a well-controlled experiment. Even if the virus isn't there now, it will get there eventually and they'll still have crappy healthcare. If there is a vaccine by then, they probably won't distribute it. And they also aren't likely to be forthcoming with information.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Has anyone figured out why China, South Korea, and Italy went so far as to shut down cities and lock down citizens to spread this false narrative to bring down Trump? I know they don't like the guy, but who'd have thought they'd go to such extremes.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The only good thing I have to say about my econ teacher in high school is he got me VERY interested in the markets. Then my mother and father helped me learn more and get an early start.
    It's never too late for you to start.

When teaching, I had the seniors in Econ do the "Stock Market Game" online, as a teaching tool about investments.
    I would spend every Friday dedicated to it for a few weeks.
    I had professional colorful posters on the wall showing what $XX amount of dollars did over the course of 40-45 yrs. (just in a Mutual Fund, with an average rate of return).
    Some kids got really turned on about it.

I remember: $200/mo. from age 20 to 60 or 65 = app. $750,000 (at historically return rates for a mutual fund).
    Therefore only $20/mo. = $70,000.
    I always told them they didn't have the $20/mo. option when I was young.

Example of how you have to start young and not wait:
    Put in $200 (or any amount) per month starting at 20 yrs. old and stop putting anymore $$ into it when you turn 28 yrs old.
    The person who starts at age 28 and donates till he's 65, will never catch up.
    Totally unbelievable, but true: you can't outdo time.

My son at age 15 started working at Marsh all the way through college.
    I had him fully fund to the maximum a Roth IRA ($5000/annually, if memory serves).
    He did that from age 15 on, and still does it with that fund (American Funds).
    He now has matching funds at work.
    He has retinitis pigmentosa, so he will go blind with it eventually (10 more yrs. or maybe 30).
    Therefore, he knows he has a limited time to work & is doing everything right that he can.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The Louvre museum in Paris has remained shut amid concerns over France's coronavirus outbreak.Staff at the Louvre - the most visited museum in world - voted "almost unanimously" not to open on Sunday, a union representative said.
    On Saturday the French government banned all indoor gatherings of more than 5,000 people, in an effort to curb the spread of the new coronavirus.
    France has reported 100 cases of the Covid-19 disease. Two people have died.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51697644

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Rumors that Northern California will go into quarantine tonight. Guess we will find out soon.

IF something like this were to happen it would be far more likely it will be more localized. Silicone Valley and the Bay Area. That is, from what I can see, where the issues are currently identified. It's also the densely populated area.

Not sure there would be any way to quarantine the entire northern part of the state. And any quarantine would have to be voluntary in many areas as there simply would be no way to enforce some of it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That is hilarious!

Gotta buy up all the stuff to keep it out of the hands of the hoarders!

Negative, now is the time to feel good that you have always had the essentials to live pretty much stockpiled on hand for years. Now is not the time to be trying to order bulk 2032s from [STRIKE]Amazon[/STRIKE] China

Just a reminder, kids. Many kinds of battery, especially the button type, are manufactured predominantly inside the hot zone

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    that sounds unlikely and insane

I am going to ask to if you can explain your thought process as to why it sounds either unlikely and insane.
    I would like to understand this view point more clearly.So can you please explain you as an individual thoughts on why it is unlikely and or insane?

I see it as the next logical step.

Given that 10% of the global population are still locked in their homes in China.
    Given Italy has 14 cities under quarantine.
    Given cities in Singapore,South Korea and even Germany have been quarantined.

Please explain how it is you view it as unlikely and or insane?

Also things like this from the CDC
    [FONT=&amp]Persons under investigation (PUIs).[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Recognizing persons at risk for COVID-19 is a critical component of identifying cases and preventing further transmission. CDC has responded to clinical inquiries from public health officials, health care providers, and repatriation teams to evaluate and test PUIs in the United States for COVID-19 following CDC guidance. As of February 23,479 persons from 43 states and territories had been or are being tested for COVID-19; 14 (3%) had a positive test, 412 (86%) had a negative test, and 53 (11%) test results are pending.
    *edited to make clear 479 where PUI.
    [/FONT]https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6908e1.htm

Last edited:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Given that 10% of the global population are still locked in their homes in China.
    Given Italy has 14 cities under quarantine.
    Given cities in Singapore,South Korea and even Germany have been quarantined.

Please explain how it is you view it as unlikely and or insane?
    It's fake news. The entire world is in on this so called "Pandemic" conspiracy to make Trump look bad. He says it's fake and that's good enough for me.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It is looking more and more like the "doomsday cult" in S. Korea really was actively working to spread this virus.

• S. Korea has by a large margin the second largest group of known infected people. They have had a 120x explosion of confirmed sick identified in the last two weeks.
    • S. Korea has just charged 12 church leaders with "homicide, causing harm and violating the Infectious Disease and Control Act" as a result of their investigation.
    • The investigators have identified a "Typhoid Mary" who visited other church members in Wuhan China and apparently infected 81 people in the S. Korean church.
    • More than 1,800 members are known infected and 9,000 have shown symptoms. This has really been passed around very efficiently within their congregation.
    • I've read multiple articles about this church, but I still haven't seen anything specifically published about how it was so effectively spread around. I really don't believe it just came from simply sitting near others at services and coughing.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    USPS worker tests positive in Washington State.

FEDERAL WAY, Wash. — KIRO 7 found out Saturday evening that a Seattle area U.S. Postal Service employee tested positive for the coronavirus.

A corporate communications spokesperson said that the employee works at a Seattle Network Distribution Center located in Federal Way.

“The Network Distribution Center does not handle letter mail - only parcels. No mail is delivered from the facility. It is sorted and transported to individual post offices, from which the parcels are delivered to customers. The employee in question works within the facility. The employee would have some contact with other employees in the work environment.”

https://www-kiro7-com.cdn.ampprojec...itive-coronavirus/XLKCBEXO5FFJ3DRQSBHNACPW2M/

I did mention a few days ago any package I received I sprayed with a surface sanitizer.
    This will probably become more common as it spreads. You need to observe every possible source. Everything you come in contact with,and limit surface contacts especially in public.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom