Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Got here late and didn't read the whole thread. Did anyone mention what will happen when the homeless populations in SF, LA, SEA and PTLD catch it?
    Hasn't been talked about yet, just general consideration that a higher speed of spread could easily overwhelm hospitals, and people with health issues might be more troublesome to treat/have higher death rate.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    We picked up some extra canned foods with a couple year best buy dates at the grocery store today. Holly crap most of that stuff sure has a lot of sodium. The tuna wasn't to bad but the chili and pastas were pretty bad. I wonder what a couple weeks of eating a lot of that stuff would do to my BP.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    1) The economic damage is going to be bad
    2) You are more likely to suffer from this economic impact than be a fatality of the virus
    3) It's not "just the flu"
    4) Take reasonable steps
    5) CDC has dropped the ball

THIS. I think it's important to stress that this is not just the flu. Anyone who has had the flu can attest to the ability for that bug to reduce you to a lump of uncomfortable, unhappy flesh while it runs its course. This one will do similar but for a longer period of time if you happen to move beyond asymptomatic.

Reading up on it, I've personally chosen (for the short term) to shift our way of prepping to things that would be preferred while sick. We've got three people under our roof that either work on an ambulance, under the roof of a level 1 trauma center, or under the roof of a pediatric trauma center...our 'risk of exposure' is high enough that I've resolved to planning for when it arrives rather than 'if'. That said, things like chicken noodle soup, crackers, simple chicken broth, pedialyte, fever reducing items, and a host of other comfort based preferences have come to the top of the list to have on hand. All in all, use your judgement on what steps to take. I believe that the length of incubation time and the prevalence of infected people with no symptoms will continue to make this virus difficult to monitor and track even with the extensive efforts put forth by the local and federal governments and individual health systems. We are all responsible for our own level of protection and awareness of signs and symptoms. No, the sky is not falling but perhaps an umbrella for the rain?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    ", the sky is not falling but perhaps an umbrella for the rain"

I am thinking a tarp over a camping hammock in the back yard. I will not want to stay indoors if sick. I do wonder if the CPAP is going to help during.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Possibly one of the reasons that the fatality rate is higher in Iran is things like this. A cleric is telling people that Western Medicine is anti-Islami. To cure yourself from the coronavirus, eat a lot of brown sugar, keep your hair combed, inhale snuff, but especially, before bedtime, dip a cotton swab in violet oil and insert into your anus.

Did he study Medicine in Boulder Co?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Possibly one of the reasons that the fatality rate is higher in Iran is things like this. A cleric is telling people that Western Medicine is anti-Islami. To cure yourself from the coronavirus, eat a lot of brown sugar, keep your hair combed, inhale snuff, but especially, before bedtime, dip a cotton swab in violet oil and insert into your anus.

Did he study Medicine in Boulder Co?
    I think the cleric is pranking with the cotton swab dipped in violet oil part.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    zero doubt that this virus is engineered. Is it really a weapon or population control when you look at who will be hit the hardest. I vote population control. A real weapon would kill all that are exposed. I guess in the end we will have to see who really goes down. This is man made Darwinism. Agenda 21 Georgia, guide stones, someone lone wolf in a lab. Who knows.what matters is we now have to deal with the virus. Stay as healthy as possible and use common sense. My real fear is we will see more of this as science progresses and what happens when is goes wrong and it will as some point.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom