Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Over 50 individuals associated with Life Care are reportedly ill with respiratory symptoms or hospitalized with pneumonia or other respiratory conditions of unknown cause and are being tested for COVID-19,” Seattle and King County officials said. “Additional positive cases are expected.”
    [FONT=&amp]In Kirkland Washington, firefighters at Fire station 21 are under quarantine due to a possible outbreak at Life Care Center in Kirkland.

[/FONT]https://mailtribune.com/news/top-st...es-state-of-emergency-after-coronavirus-death
    Obviously the most important thing is that somehow we keep people from dying Monday thru Friday, or at least during business hours, because, you know, markets.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    CNzfmhl.gif

[video=youtube;MbfkfVlHCB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbfkfVlHCB8[/video]

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I sent this screenshot to a friend earlier today, posting in here is kind of like this...
    View attachment 84535

I disagree. I made a post in this thread called "The Pandemic". I was thanked by a few personally.And some even much later telling me thank you,that it helped them make the choice to get ready. Truth is not something to hide from or be ashamed of.
    Could I have been wrong? Sure.
    You do not lock 10%+ of the global population down because it may get a few sick,and kill a few thousand. I even gave an example earlier from a pneumonia study done covering 1985-2008 in China.On an average day they have well over 1k of those type of deaths. So I knew the numbers they where reporting where so low it was insane. Then watched their actions...and drew my own conclusions. I read papers. I learned as much as was available.
    I have long looked at finance,currency rates,and markets. I made choices two weeks ago. What I thought would happen did. I do not think it is over by a long way.

The supply chain is not tight. It is not experiencing difficulty. It broke. It is broken,and will stay that way for quite awhile. China just extended school shut downs until April,at the earliest. That tells me what I have read about how few where actually back to work is true. Depending on what advice you read it is between 25-33% back to work. I think even that is optimistic.

No the world is not going to end. Things are going to change. The way we live will change for quite awhile. I accept this already. You can look back in this thread and see my opinion expressed.

But to be clear. I called this a pandemic as soon I thought it prudent. 2/6/2020 or 23 days ago. A few days after wuhan was locked down. The day China locked down 4 more cities,with more than 30 more million confined to their homes.

Be well,Be safe,You are loved. Enjoy life.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The New York Stock Exchange is considering shutting its trading floor amid panic the spread of coronavirus could lead to a global economic disaster. (it could also soon realize the "panic" is less dire than the reality).
    'NYSE preparing for possibility floor can't open amid panic,' Fox News reporter Charles Gasparino tweeted just before the markets closed on Friday.
    Wall Street firms are also restricting travel and telling employees they may have to work from home, Gaparino said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-concerns.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Lee said the oddities playing out in the market, including two and potentially three days of 1,000-point drops in the same week for the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -1.39% , signifies four things (though his tongue may be planted firmly in his cheek on the last item):

• A significant change in economic fundamentals
    • A significant increase in ‘risk’ to the fundamentals
    • The market’s financial plumbing is breaking down
    • A meteor or alien invasion to end global existence has been spotted but its arrival is unknown (or a virus pandemic)
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...n-a-week-this-market-is-not-normal-2020-02-28

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Last post for the night from me. Estimated amount of time it has been spreading....6 weeks in WA.

The team at the @seattleflustudy
    have sequenced the genome the #COVID19 community case reported yesterday from Snohomish County, WA, and have posted the sequence publicly to http://gisaid.org. There are some enormous implications here. 1/9
    This case, WA2, is on a branch in the evolutionary tree that descends directly from WA1, the first reported case in the USA sampled Jan 19, also from Snohomish County, viewable here: https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_division=Washington 2/9
    This strongly suggests that there has been cryptic transmission in Washington State for the past 6 weeks.

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1233970442152472577

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :runaway:
    its da end of da world and you know it...

BTW e-trader may be having issues with new accounts.
    My sister applied for an account today, got her welcome email, moved funds from checking to the eyrader account (pending for 4 biz days) but tonight when she tried to log back on just to look around the site it says her username,/pass are incorrect.

She requested a password reset and nothing was ever email ed.

She requested to find what her user name is and again no emails. Very strange,m

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1) The economic damage is going to be bad
    2) You are more likely to suffer from this economic impact than be a fatality of the virus
    3) It's not "just the flu"
    4) Take reasonable steps
    5) CDC has dropped the ball

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Punkinhead... that's inflammatory and absurd. He was slammed for taking bold steps initially. Why don't you act like a big boy and use intellectual arguments?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nothing to worry about, we've got our best guy on it.

igWWoW0.jpg
    I bet he didn't even wash his hands. I'm sure he was giving an example on what not to do to prevent the spread. Probably wiped a booger on the nearest member of the mainstream media.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nothing to worry about, we've got our best guy on it.

igWWoW0.jpg

Ha! Ha! Pretty Funny!

Trump, with his finger up his nose, has done more to protect the people of the United States than all the Democrats and Media standing around saying, "You're doing it wrong! You're doing it wrong! You didn't prepare for this!"

This may be a problem, but the Democrat/Media complex will make it seem ten times worse than it is. Their goal is as much panic as possible in an attempt to get Trump out of office.

If the Democrats retain the house, expect an impeachment for not being "prepared" for this virus outbreak.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ha! Ha! Pretty Funny!

Trump, with his finger up his nose, has done more to protect the people of the United States than all the Democrats and Media standing around saying, "You're doing it wrong! You're doing it wrong! You didn't prepare for this!"

This may be a problem, but the Democrat/Media complex will make it seem ten times worse than it is. Their goal is as much panic as possible in an attempt to get Trump out of office.

If the Democrats retain the house, expect an impeachment for not being "prepared" for this virus outbreak.

If the electorate allows more of this wasted time/money I will be completely sure my grand children are doomed.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The article says its unknown where the patient is locatied.

LIARS!! it's not just 1

Stop with the conspiracy theories. Lack of confirmation is just that. The individual doc who first sees the patient isn't a public health official. They are meanwhile busy trying to decide what to do with this guy plus deal with all of their other patients, then figure out what the local and national reporting systems are. Then it gets somewhere where a reporter can actually see the data.

It wouldn't be smart for every doc that suspected a case to call a reporter.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Very few businesses are ready.

That could be another discussion in itself. For those who don't know, I own a small veterinary practice. I told the staff that not only do we need to be responsible, we need to be aware of people's perceptions. We wash our hands a lot and understand how to prevent the spread of disease, though we are usually dealing with it in pets.

I put extra hand sanitizer bottles up front (fortunately before they became rare and expensive. I can also make more from my disinfectant supplies). I took the regular hand towel out of the bathroom so everyone HAS to use the paper towels.

What may really affect the business is simply if people start limiting themselves to only the most essential transactions. And if business drops off I'm afraid I can't keep paying all 4 employees for all their hours, though I'll help them with some. I'm debt free so my only fixed expenses now are the lease and utilities.

I'm writing up a protocol so that IF the public starts getting nervous I can let my clients know what that protocol is. I can't PROMISE not to spread a virus but if business is slow we could do things like have just 2 employees present, let one person in the door and then completely disinfect after they leave and before the next person comes in. It might reassure people.

I'm not ordering ahead on my supplies. In my case, I think business will slow commensurate with the desire for the most common products.

We are on a "mask conservation" protocol because my darn staff didn't order the normal surgical masks at the level they should have (it's one of those things not really compatible with computer inventory tracking). So the most comfortable mask is saved for sterile surgeries but we still have some basic ones we use for other things (like cleaning dog's teeth, which makes bacteria fly through the room potentially). So the only real affect on us so far is from the hoarding of surgical masks.

But yes, in total, we need to recognize that vulnerable people like those who like from check-to-check may find themselves in an even more precarious situation if their employers can't pay everyone for full time hours.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom