Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Most of the large groups in the world are as corrupt as the day is long. I don't want any organized body outside of the U.S. controlling what's going on inside my country and I do not believe the constitution give Congress the power to give any outside party authority over the United States.
    We have enough corrupt and anti-American pieces of **** in our own country we need to round up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Most of the large groups in the world are as corrupt as the day is long. I don't want any body outside of the U.S. controlling what's going on inside my country and I do not believe the constitution give Congress the power to give any outside party authority over the United States.
    We have enough corrupt and anti-American pieces of **** in our own country we need to round up.

Absolutely

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They really should've called it quits after Keith Moon died... hey somebody has to do it.

Edit: serious note. Remember a few years back when EBOLA was just rampant in western Africa? We kept having these people come back from over there who'd say F-quarantine, I'm going to Panera for soup? And that was a Doc??? And the RN who was so arrogant she needed throat-punched who went for a bike ride? Maybe if people realize not everything is about them we'll be better off as a Country.

I had my own smartass reply typed out when I decided to scroll forward a bit before I hit "Reply". Beat me to it! :):

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Just left the LDS storage center on the North side of indy, topping off with a Box of cans of things we don't have much of.

They are slightly busy but not overly crowded so no problem. Cosco parking lot on the other hand looks like an absolute nightmare. I think the average person doesn't even think of these storage centers and they are a much better deal especially if you're buying more than you're going to use

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m heading to Costco for more toilet paper and a few more things. Not that I don’t have enough for me but worried about who might show up unprepared. I’m really considering going in full PPE with M40 mask. Wonder how that would go. I know I would completely enjoy the joke.
    Get a videographer, go in as a man on the street type interview.
    We want video at least or it never happened.

Is this internet bullying?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    If China can't get manufacturing running again fairly soon, the consequences just on the medical side have the possibility of being horrendous:

Beyond antibiotics, the U.S. industrial base for generic drug manufacturing is on the brink of collapse. Generic drugs are 90 percent of the medicines Americans take. Examples of generic drugs made in China by domestic companies and sold in the United States include: antibiotics, anti-depressants, birth control pills, chemotherapy for cancer treatment for children and adults, medicine for Alzheimer’s, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy, to name a few. If past performance is indicative of future performance, China’s generic drug companies will engage in cartel formation and predatory pricing, and drive out U.S. and other western generic companies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If China can't get manufacturing running again fairly soon, the consequences just on the medical side have the possibility of being horrendous:

This is so stupid!
    Can we finally bring back that good old fashion "Made in the USA" slogan, and mean it this time? Trading with other countries is all good and well but when your livelihood relies on it, then you've gone way too far. I thought trade was all about trading what we have that they don't with what they have that we don't. As in resources from the land.... not cheap slave labor because of greed. That's not what it's suppose to be about.

What ever happened to China being our communist enemy?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry to let everyone down. I opted to not go full out or even the mask. To my surprise there were 3 young Asian ladies possibly students. I wanted to ask for a picture but at my age that would have seemed creepy so I didn’t. No lines in Costco it was business as usual. Noticed all the rubbing alcohol was gone. Carts didn’t seem out of place with normal shopping. Again this was when the store opened so can’t speak for the rest of the day. Still why would I be asked to leave if the young Asian ladies were let in wearing their masks. That’s racist.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This stupid virus is so overblown. The world has lost its mind

I don't know, man...

mycorona.gif

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    :whistle:
    Harvard scientist: coronavirus pandemic likely will infect 40-70% of world this year

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...482794-officials-say-the-cdc-is-preparing-for

:scared:
    This is a dumb article on his opinion I saw like a week ago. Its shock news.
    I'm just no longer buying into the hype of this crap.
    This is a bad bug sure. If you are elderly or have a compromised immune system then you should probably be very cautious anyways and maybe already wear a n95 mask when you have visitors and stress handwashing and surface disinfecting etc.
    If you are healthy, you may get sick. You'll recover. Hell you may not even know you had Corona. If you are sick, stay home. Wear a mask.

If stuff starts shutting down, it will be like camping.
    Am I making a run on the banks in a pannic? No.
    I wouldn't do that anyways if SHTF because at that point cash wont do **** anyways.
    Life goes on. This isn't the game ender. This is a temporary bump in the road. We will keep moving forward and be stronger afterwards.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    People in San Diego are hitting Costco hard. This blog is from a friend of mine who normally writes about veterinary issues.

https://medium.com/@drv_88359/the-one-thing-i-know-is-my-dog-will-survive-965459e201c5

I filled 2 carts at Costco on Monday with some things I've not bought/stored lately. This was before anyone else was talking about buying supplies so when the cashiers commented I just said it was because my kids are coming home for spring break (true) and they eat a lot. I would like to stock just a couple more things. I normally avoid stores on a Saturday but I'm going to give it a go this morning to know I'm done.

At that time, there was no sign of anything being low stock. My friend in the blog noted bleach and cleaning supplies as much as anything. But she also said the canned vegetables were gone.

My parents are in their 80s and my mom has a mild heart condition. She is a person who can die from a flu or other respiratory disease. Fortunately they hardly ever go anywhere but they don't have a stock of food like they used to have. They live 5 hr drive from me. My dad agreed to do a Walmart pickup, so I put in an order for him. I figured they only eat 1000 calories each per day. They also have a generator. I was able to buy them enough food for 30 days plus some toilet paper, depends, and additional sanitation supplies for $300. I hope they actually get everything though. For example, the small sizes of bleach were already marked unavailable. By the time the Walmart employees pull their pickup order, what I ordered may be gone as well.

I'm also trying to take care of my mom's heart meds, but with my parents' poor hearing it was hard to figure out over the phone what they have and what she can get refills on. My sister is going to help me with that tomorrow. I'll feel better once they are all prepared to stay in for a few weeks.

Note that my friend's blog says people were grabbing for Clorox wipes. Those aren't even bleach; they are a mild disinfectant though. If you don't have wipes to take with you when you are in the car, just put some dilute alcohol in a ziploc with some paper towels and you can use those to wipe down surfaces, your hands etc if you want to.

Thank you for the read.It was insightful and comical in a way I appreciated.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Bad orange man to address the nation today at 130 about covid 19 (covfefe) you be the judge. He does have access to Tesla’s time travel research.... thanks uncle John G. Trump.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=&amp]SEATTLE -- One person has died from the coronavirus in King County, the Washington state Department of Health said Saturday in a media advisory.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]No other details were given about the death as of Saturday morning.

https://komonews.com/news/local/1-dead-from-coronavirus-in-king-county-health-officials-confirm[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Officials plan to hold a press conference at 1 p.m. with more details.

This covers both the spread in California,and mentions the Washington state death.
    [/FONT]
    https://apnews.com/f175d89567a26d59...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Part I find most alarming.They need to get doctors,nurses,and people who work in hospitals up to speed.They needed to do it before.Now they must do it.
    At UC Davis Medical Center at least 124 registered nurses and other health care workers were sent home for “self-quarantine” after the Solano County woman with the virus was admitted, National Nurses United, a nationwide union representing RNs, said Friday.

President getting ready to speak.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTj4FMA8Wd4

Last edited:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Maybe China developed this to wipe out their elderly? I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government. Way worst than the Nazis.

I can neither confirm or deny this was a topic of conversation recently. How would a government cut costs in an over populated location? Wipe out a segment of the population that incurs the highest cost in medication and medical attention. It is remarkably shocking that this virus seems uninterested in children but decimates the elderly. Have we ever seen any 'naturally occurring' illness that is this selective?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can neither confirm or deny this was a topic of conversation recently. How would a government cut costs in an over populated location? Wipe out a segment of the population that incurs the highest cost in medication and medical attention. It is remarkably shocking that this virus seems uninterested in children but decimates the elderly. Have we ever seen any 'naturally occurring' illness that is this selective?
    I'm not a medical professional and I'm not a rocket scientist, but every once in a while I can add 1 + 1 and get 2.
    When I was looking at the statistics (ages and deaths) I'm like hmmm something seems fishy here.
    Adding in other information that now seems pretty reliable about the biological weapons development in wuhan China and a possible accidental or intentional release into a food market, it just seems very very suspect.
    And exactly what you mention. An overpopulated country with a vulnerable section of the population that uses up resources and $$ more than it can contribute back. (Just harsh reality of statistics to fit this narrative, not trying to put down older folks here)
    Its sickening. I'm sure they did this

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm: 1st merchant bank on ridge rd in Munster indiana is NOT allowing people to withdraw cash. It's in the FB munster board and people are very upset.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county

Too much conspiracy BS. If China had that as a plan, do you really think 2 or 3000 elderly deaths will make a difference in a population of 1.5 billion? Get serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom