Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Im on 2 wells. And have multiple generators and multiple fuel sources. Water is not my major concern. Food and medicines are. And I’m well stocked on both of those.

But there are no reports of power outages in China. I think/hope power transmission here will be less of an issue than people seem to think.

I'm stocked on food and meds. You make a good point about no power outages in China (as far as we know) and they've obviously been hit harder than anywhere else in the world as of now.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    How does the water get up in the tower?
    I know there are backups but they take people to run.
    Not saying I’m worried about water or electricity, unless it went really long term.

I agree this isn't likely to be a utility problem, talking about being prepared is just a good idea anyway

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This stupid virus is so overblown. The world has lost its mind
    I hope you’re right.
    As a matter of fact, if forced to I would bet you are right. But it can’t hurt to prepare.

Not to read tone in to your type, but you kinda sound offended at all this; don’t be, you have a plan to profit from it, best of luck to you and none of us will be at your door to ask you to share if you do.
    I agree with you that this will be a buying opportunity, just not quite yet, I’d give it 2 to 6 months.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Looking as some of the latest studies, it seems that the media playing this up is going to be the biggest problem.

My gut says that hygiene is going to be the biggest contributor to the spreading of this virus. I am not surprised that Italy is experiencing an outbreak as their public toilets are generally abysmal and normally lacking toilet paper and hand soap.
    https://italychronicles.com/how-to-flush-toilet-italy/
    https://www.withhusbandintow.com/toilets-in-italy/
    https://www.onceinalifetimetravel.com/bathroom-basics-travel-italy/

Another glaring similarity between China and Italy is the prevalence of squat toilets, both wet and dry. There is a debate on which is more hygienic, but thinking logistically, you have a heck of a greater chance of getting fecal matter on clothing using a squat toilet than on a raised toilet. Especially after a bowl of spicy dan dan noodles.

And bathroom habits of the Chinese can be pretty sketchy (read comments). I took a train once with some Chinese Tourist...yeah, dropping a deuce in a train toilet (much like a plane where it is dry then water to flush) while squatting on the seat does not work well at all.

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I’m heading to Costco for more toilet paper and a few more things. Not that I don’t have enough for me but worried about who might show up unprepared. I’m really considering going in full PPE with M40 mask. Wonder how that would go. I know I would completely enjoy the joke.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    How does the water get up in the tower?
    A flock of pelicans filling their beaks?

50484901_303.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm living life as normal. Maybe focusing more than normal on handwashing and asking the kids to do it more often and trying to get them not to touch their faces. Otherwise I've been ready for **** like this for over a decade. I think most of this is overreaction by the media. I do however think the government needs to be ready. I also believe the WHO let the world down big time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m heading to Costco for more toilet paper and a few more things. Not that I don’t have enough for me but worried about who might show up unprepared. I’m really considering going in full PPE with M40 mask. Wonder how that would go. I know I would completely enjoy the joke.

MOPP-4 in Costco? We'll be needing pictures, preferably video.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm living life as normal. Maybe focusing more than normal on handwashing and asking the kids to do it more often and trying to get them not to touch their faces. Otherwise I've been ready for **** like this for over a decade. I think most of this is overreaction by the media. I do however think the government needs to be ready. I also believe the WHO let the world down big time.

They really should've called it quits after Keith Moon died... hey somebody has to do it.

Edit: serious note. Remember a few years back when EBOLA was just rampant in western Africa? We kept having these people come back from over there who'd say F-quarantine, I'm going to Panera for soup? And that was a Doc??? And the RN who was so arrogant she needed throat-punched who went for a bike ride? Maybe if people realize not everything is about them we'll be better off as a Country.

Last edited:

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I also believe the WHO let the world down big time.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

The fact that there is no information regarding the age, race, gender, and sex of those who died is staggering. This kind of information in invaluable for scientists and the public at large and the WHO should be the clearinghouse for this kind of information. Instead they are politicians not wanting to stigmatize a race, gender or age.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If only the evil orange man weren't in charge, everything would be okay.

Bingo. Orange man bad. This is orange man problem.

There is no caution. There is insanity on display everywhere. Caution would be wonderful. Apocalyptic warnings? Leave that mess outside

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...ealth-experts-say-please-stop-now/ar-BB10vXoX

The more this goes on, I’m increasingly starting to believe this will be much more of a play to blame Trump than it’ll ever be a true health emergency. We know by their previous statements, many a democrat would gladly crash the economy if it meant regaining power. Getting everyone afraid they’re going to die is one way to try and go about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom