• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Had the occasion to shoot a Core15 M4 Gas Impingement today. This is the basic model for Core15.

The rifle operated better than my Colt M-16 did a few decades ago. :laugh:

Used WPA Military Classic 55 grain FMJ steel case ammo. Zero hiccups. From a standing stance without support four of us were all placing the rounds in about 2" circles at 50 yards. Do not think the rifle was zeroed in but we were hitting the target without issue.

No blowback! Smooth operation. Fed from brand name and generic magazines with zero issues. No FTF, FTE, misfires, nothing out of the ordinary.

The rifle felt solid. There was the normal play in the six position buttstock. Wife wanted to have a different form to the buttstock. The hand guard up front was solid and easy to hold. The barrel did not get overly hot as we lit up down range.

There was nothing unexpected! Smooth operation and a good feel. We have recently shot a S&W and another brand I do not remember exactly. Both rifles retailed for about $250 more than this one and neither was as good to shoot.

Wife wants a dozen, she told me so! :rockwoot:

Only complaint from wife other than the buttstock (which can be cheaply fixed) was she wants a V sight not a peep sight. It was how she was raised!

Other two shooters with us both stated they would give up their AKs for this machine! They liked it that much better! :cool:

In the end I would give this piece two thumbs up. Wife approves it for purchase!!!!! My buddies both want one as well! Good time at the range and it was easy to send an entire clip quickly down range. Accurate as all get out especially when taking the second to sight in the target. Doubt I could shoot two at once :D. I am sure this was a more accurate rifle if we were bracing or using a sling to hold steady. Oh, and better quality ammo would not have hurt either!

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    I will agree with you, Sir! Much better feel than similarly priced platforms. For us just standing there plinking with cheap ammo and to have the grouping come out so close is fabulous. My Wife was the only expert shot in the group and her issue was the peep sight. Still trying to source a notched buckhorn rear sight for her ;-) You'd think someone made one...

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    I purchased one a few weeks ago and it's a great shooter. Not a single problem with it. Threw a Primary Arms M4 red dot on it and it holds 3" groups at 50 yards with cheap 55gr ammo through a 1:7 twist barrel.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Recently took one on trade. Functioned great but accuracy was all over the place. Called Core and the promptly e-mailed me a UPS return label to ship the upper back. They test fired and confirmed what I thought that it needed a new barrel. Probably why the guy traded me. His loss because Core replaced the barrel at zero cost to me. Just got it back and looking forward to my next range trip once it warms up a bit. Props to Core for making it right.

I also plan on replacing that rattly buttstock. Other than that fit and finish is tight and nice. Cant wait to try it out!

Find an FFL and have him order you one.

Top Bottom