• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Josef Goebbels would have been proud of some of the responses here. Declaring everyone who disagrees with a certain perspective 'haters' and 'cowards' without giving a damn about specific reasons they articulate for their positions, never mind that they certainly don't owe you any justification, to your satisfaction or otherwise.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would also point out that one's response will be heavily flavored by the specifics of the community they call home. If I still lived in one community where I lived for several years, I would throw in with the PD without hesitation. Unfortunately, I have only lived in one community in which I felt comfortable trusting the police. Your mileage may vary.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    We could discuss what would be morally correct, but with you it would probably be a waste of time.:twocents:

Probably, since morality is an individual construct, and not universal.

(And, if you care, I spent the better part of two decades as a paramedic on the streets -- Atlanta, Denver, and flight medic in Phoenix -- and I am personal friends with more cops than most people, save for other cops.)

The question was: If you observed a cop getting bested, and had a gun, would you step in. For ME, and ME ONLY, the answer is "no."

If that makes me a bad person in your view, then, well, I guess I'm a bad person. I'll sleep fine at night with that knowledge.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    So what you are saying is: Sorry little old lady that lives across the street. You ain't family so you're going to have to deal with that guy that just broke into your house to rob or rape you on your own. Yeah I was sitting on my porch watching, but my gun won't protect you. If you're lucky I might call 911, but since I pay my phone bill I don't think I can call for you.

Yeah, that's about it.

Because calling 911 to say "Uh, looks like Old Lady Hilda's house at 123 Main Street has an intruder" and drawing my heater to shoot someone on a moment's notice without having all the facts are EXACTLY the same thing.

Right.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Hey Reno hope you never need any type of help and I'm the only one there - wow man if you do not respect anyone else life don't expect yours to be respected wow man

With respect, Sir... If I need help, the last person I'm counting on is a stranger.

And, with more respect: You, Sir, have NO IDEA about my respect for life, or my efforts to protect and sustain them, so I'd kindly ask you to not make assumptions about someone you don't know.

Put another way: How many years have YOU spent working to protect and save the lives of others? I've done it for 20+...

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Josef Goebbels would have been proud of some of the responses here. Declaring everyone who disagrees with a certain perspective 'haters' and 'cowards' without giving a damn about specific reasons they articulate for their positions, never mind that they certainly don't owe you any justification, to your satisfaction or otherwise.

I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that someone is finally equating the common citizen to a Nazi. I was beginning to thing that only cops had that priviledge.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Hey Reno hope you never need any type of help and I'm the only one there - wow man if you do not respect anyone else life don't expect yours to be respected wow man

I don't agree with you.

I would help Reno, and any other citizen, LEO, or well anyone if need be. Just because he wouldn't doesn't mean you shouldn't.

But that's just me.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County

I can't tell you how overjoyed I am that someone is finally equating the common citizen to a Nazi. I was beginning to thing that only cops had that priviledge.

Jeez, thanks for Godwin-ing up the place. :n00b:

:D

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Yes, I would as well as any other citizen who was being brutalized. Sorry I'm not the guy to ignore the situation.....whether carrying or not.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Some people read ten posts a page while other read 50 or so. Makes a real difference in how many total pages you see.

Top Bottom