• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Anybody know what the price for one good sized coon, skin on body was going for last year? My dad and I use to trap but the prices went south and haven't checked on them in years.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I "THINK" I read on Hoosierhunter.com, they were going for $15. They have a trapping section there. I was looking to see what a yote would bring..... like $5 not worth the skeeter bites

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I donate mine... to my brother... who skins and fleshes them for me... all I do is shoot them. It's a really god deal for me, it reduces my bill at his gunshop (he is a stock maker). He takes of $6 per animal, coyote, coons, rabbits.

Back in the day, there was a bunch of us who ran trap lines before school every day, back before the wheel, before electricity, you know, the 80's.

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    I ship my fur to NAFA. Last year coon Avg. $4.72 , high $8.50. Beaver-$18.25 avg. Muskrat-$2.83 avg. Market was looking like coon were going over $20 then fell flat on its face.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I trapped for the first time last year and sold all my animals to a gentlemen that lives west of New Pal. He paid me $4 for small coon and up to $10 for a big one. He also paid me $2 for every opossum.

pokey308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    New Palestine, IN
    Where was this guy outside of new pal. Being I live out there been lookin for someone to sell coyote too when season starts, dont even really care if he pays me just need some place to get rid of them. Did you have to skin them first or just give him the whole carcass?

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    He will not buy coyotes. I am not for sure what the road is called out there but it turns into Thompson road. His last name is Phares. I take everything to him as a frozen carcass. There is also a gentlemen in Kennard that I am going to start using this year he is supposed to pay more.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I "THINK" I read on Hoosierhunter.com, they were going for $15. They have a trapping section there. I was looking to see what a yote would bring..... like $5 not worth the skeeter bites

Hoosierhunters.com is the correct address

hoosierhunter.com is a dead site

Last edited:

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    My son sold his to an Amish man who lives near Berne, IN. He averaged $12 for his coon on the carcass. He got $15 for the large coons.

Top Bottom