• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saiga12boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    You do know that these petitions don't do jack right?
    It helps to raise awareness. That and i'm curious to see what their response will be because of the secession petitions. If they say it's up to the states to decide that then they'll have to let the states that got more than 25,000 signatures secede.It pushes them into a corner.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It helps to raise awareness. That and i'm curious to see what their response will be because of the secession petitions. If they say it's up to the states to decide that then they'll have to let the states that got more than 25,000 signatures secede.It pushes them into a corner.

It may help to raise awareness but they are in no way binding on any party. :twocents:

IMO this represents the worst part of the democracy we don't have. Get enough signatures, get anything you want.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Those secession petitions will be ignored or ridiculed and forgotten by New Years. Half the people or more in the US are addicted to .gov wealth redistribution...there will be no breaking up of the cash cow.

Like most here on INGO, I support constitutional carry in our state and across the country. But these petitions are about as useless as all those petitions we get on a daily basis in our email. Only these have the added perk of directly notifying the Chicago thug in chief of your likely adversarial position.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Those secession petitions will be ignored or ridiculed and forgotten by New Years. Half the people or more in the US are addicted to .gov wealth redistribution...there will be no breaking up of the cash cow.

The joke's on them......the cash cow is bankrupt.

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    Here is a question, while signing a petition for constitutional carry, should we also be signing a constitutional same sex marriage as well? It is the same thing, if a LTCH should reciprocate from state to state like a drivers license in turn shouldn't a same sex marriage license also? I've always battled with this idea, but being I support state to state reciprocation for carrying a gun, I HAVE to support state to state reciprocation of gay marriage. Just wondering what "ya'lls" thoughts are

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Here is a question, while signing a petition for constitutional carry, should we also be signing a constitutional same sex marriage as well? It is the same thing, if a LTCH should reciprocate from state to state like a drivers license in turn shouldn't a same sex marriage license also? I've always battled with this idea, but being I support state to state reciprocation for carrying a gun, I HAVE to support state to state reciprocation of gay marriage. Just wondering what "ya'lls" thoughts are
    There are lots of things I support, and probably more things I don't. Supporting one thing doesn't mean you HAVE to support ANYTHING else.

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    There are lots of things I support, and probably more things I don't. Supporting one thing doesn't mean you HAVE to support ANYTHING else.

No, but justification of support opens ones self up to forced justification of another thing, even if you do NOT support it. Thats my point, it is incredibly hypocritical to support reciprocation of LTC or CCW license, but not marriage licenses. I will not be a hypocrite, I also believe if more national LTC supporters used this logic and openly support gay marriage reciprocation that the powers to be would open their eyes to it as well. Just my :twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, but justification of support opens ones self up to forced justification of another thing, even if you do NOT support it. Thats my point, it is incredibly hypocritical to support reciprocation of LTC or CCW license, but not marriage licenses. I will not be a hypocrite, I also believe if more national LTC supporters used this logic and openly support gay marriage reciprocation that the powers to be would open their eyes to it as well. Just my :twocents:

You do realizes one issue is addressed by the costitution that it shall not be infringed *period* and the other is left to the states and the people to decide how they wish to govern themselves? Your logic will necessarily lead you to command the federal government to utilize authority it was not given by our founders.

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    The consitution also notes that licenses should be accepted by all states, it is why we do not need to take a Utah drivers license test to drive through Ohio because Ohio does not agree with how we test our drivers. I'm not trying to infringe on the rights of gun owners, I'm just simply saying being narrow minded about equality is why people can be anti-gun and or anti-carry. The mind set that the only thing that matters in the constitution is the part about guns. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just trying to help people understand the basis of equality. We want equality in carrying our guns across the nation, but how dare those gay people ask for equality in marriage? Doesn't make sense to me, I don't know maybe I haven't drank enough of the NRA kool aid.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The consitution also notes that licenses should be accepted by all states, it is why we do not need to take a Utah drivers license test to drive through Ohio because Ohio does not agree with how we test our drivers. I'm not trying to infringe on the rights of gun owners, I'm just simply saying being narrow minded about equality is why people can be anti-gun and or anti-carry. The mind set that the only thing that matters in the constitution is the part about guns. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just trying to help people understand the basis of equality. We want equality in carrying our guns across the nation, but how dare those gay people ask for equality in marriage? Doesn't make sense to me, I don't know maybe I haven't drank enough of the NRA kool aid.

Please tell me where it says this in the Constitution.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Last I checked the Constitution left me free to travel anywhere in the USA by any means that I could afford. But some think I am crazy.

Frost, no need for you to add a snarky comment here either :D

Top Bottom