• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But how do you know if the person is interested in simple robbery, or intends mayhem? A robbery in Merrillville at a convienience(sp?) store started as a robbery. Money was handed over, no problems. Perp started walking out, then went back in and killed clerk, for no reason.
    If a person is waiving a weapon around and threatening people, best to take him serious.

i recall that in that case the clerk said no or challenged the bg. bg did not like that and thus why :ar15:

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I felt my life and the clerk's life were in danger... I'll do what's necessary. I'll leave it at that.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I am not a cop and don't wannabe. I'd feel no obligation to interrupt a robbery at knifepoint unless I perceived imminent harm to the clerk, another shopper, or myself. If I thought the event would play out with out anyone getting hurt, I would try to be a good witness for the subsequent police report. If I had to draw, I would allow the robber the option of the front door without trying to hold him for the police. My concern would be safety for all involved, not to play cop. YMMV.

Amen. Repped

tmattern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    As a Law Enforcment Officer if I receive a call to respond to any place where the call involves a weapon you will be starring down the end of my weapon upon my arrival!! The clerk needs to let dispatch know the situation before LE arrival, once you see LE arrive it would be best if you lay your weapon on the ground until the situation is under control and everything is over.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    And the winner is:
    I am not a cop and don't wannabe. I'd feel no obligation to interrupt a robbery at knifepoint unless I perceived imminent harm to the clerk, another shopper, or myself. If I thought the event would play out with out anyone getting hurt, I would try to be a good witness for the subsequent police report. If I had to draw, I would allow the robber the option of the front door without trying to hold him for the police. My concern would be safety for all involved, not to play cop. YMMV.

Well said, I would need more evidence of threat to drop the hammer on another human being BG or not.

But if I did need to draw, the police could tell that I did not present a threat by the river of pee running down my leg once I saw them.

Just bein honest. :scared:

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Ok, I'm going to throw in the monkey wrench.

You are holding the bg when another LTCH sees you and thinks YOU are the bg. Then what????

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The problem with disarming and detaining someone at gun point, is that, once you have disarmed them you cannot legally shoot them, because that would be excessive use of force, right? An intelligent criminal would know this, and just run away before the police arrived--what are you gonna do, shoot an unarmed man in the back?

I believe you would have to be able to physically restrain the suspect with physical violence, or hand cuffs.

Top Bottom