• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Would Seats in the front of Orchestra Center be good or is your view blocked by the pit etc?
    Thanks
    They're great! The pit is below floor level a little so no worries there. The only thing that might block your view are the idiots standing up trying to video the entire concert on their cell phones. :rolleyes:

This happened to me at the last concert I saw there (John Hiatt and Big Head Todd and the Monsters). I was thinking to myself, "I paid a hundred bucks for these seats. If you want to video the concert, then go stand in the aisle or off to the side and let those of us that want to experience the live performance actually SEE the performance!"

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    They're great! The pit is below floor level a little so no worries there. The only thing that might block your view are the idiots standing up trying to video the entire concert on their cell phones. :rolleyes:

This happened to me at the last concert I saw there (John Hiatt and Big Head Todd and the Monsters). I was thinking to myself, "I paid a hundred bucks for these seats. If you want to video the concert, then go stand in the aisle or off to the side and let those of us that want to experience the live performance actually SEE the performance!"
    I was at the Peter Frampton concert at the Palladium where some idiot was doing that and he kept asking him to stop. Finally, Frampton had enough and asked the guy if he could see the phone which he then turned and threw behind the stage and went on with the show. 1 idiot outraged, everyone else delighted. Nice trade.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was at the Peter Frampton concert at the Palladium where some idiot was doing that and he kept asking him to stop. Finally, Frampton had enough and asked the guy if he could see the phone which he then turned and threw behind the stage and went on with the show. 1 idiot outraged, everyone else delighted. Nice trade.

It was primarily the Big Head Todd fans that were doing it in my case. Once he finished playing a lot of them left. If he had done what Frampton did, there would've been a pretty sizeable pile of cell phones behind the stage! :):

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    Not a bad seat in the house at the Murat. It was designed as such. As mentioned in the previous posts, the only view obstruction will be any yahoos with their effing phones. I saw Social Distortion in the Egyptian room last week standing room only and the only problem with my view was the occasional cell phone. Same building, different venue. Both were designed with unobstructed views in mind.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    not a bad seat in the house is true. I've sat in the balcony twice (once for Elvis Costello/Steve Nieve, and once seeing The Allman Brothers).
    I've been on the floor in the theatre alll over the place...everything from Warren Haynes, Rusted Root, Stephen Wright, Jim Gaffigan, etc...

Top Bottom