• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm not a huge concert go'er, but a friend of mine is purchasing tickets to a few shows this summer, and I will probably be joining him.

One show is at the Murat, and the others are at Verizon. I'm not super concerned about the Verizon shows, as I'm confident I can get some mild self defense utilities into the venue with me. However, I am not so sure about the Murat since I've never been there.

I know Verizon checks for weapons, and has a strict anti-gun policy. Does anyone have experience with the Murat?

I don't really want to be in Indy without my sidearm.

Thoughts? Experiences?

:rockwoot:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I was going to make a separate thread about this tonight and then I saw yours so I will post here. I just finished training for Verizon security Saturday and currently work security at the Olde National(Murat) Theater.

1) Verizon will be absolutely no weapons of any type allowed. This includes guns, ANY knife including pocket knives, any sharp or pointed object that may be used as a weapon. All methods of concealment have been explained including LCP wallets, ankle holsters, spandex underwear, crotch concealment etc. Full pat downs and wanding are what we have been told will be the norm. They are very strict this year. Not even off duty LEO's will be allowed to carry. As it was put to us. I don't care if it is the F@%$# FBI, no guns.

2) Murat has basically the same policy as far as weapons. However depending on the show, we receive the search level when we arrive so assume that it will be a full search. The area that Olde National Center is in is a pretty safe area but we all know that anything can happen anywhere. A crowded music venue is not a place we want firearms. To put your mind at ease, parking at Olde National Center is well lit and very close to the venue. I leave there long after most others have left in the wee hours and have never had any problem.

Now on another note. These are general comments not directed at the OP. No I can't get you back stage, on the bands bus, in the dressing room, etc. etc. I don't care if you and your twin sister can rock my world, I have a job and wife and want to keep both. Yes I get to see lots of really cool shows and sometimes get to meet the performers. No I can't get autographs, pictures, or articles of clothing from them.

Enjoy your shows in safety. We take pride in providing a safe environment for everyone. Lots of the security people you will see at Verizon are college students and are great kids. Please know that there are professionals present that you may not see. I say that only for your peace of mind.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I was going to make a separate thread about this tonight and then I saw yours so I will post here. I just finished training for Verizon security Saturday and currently work security at the Olde National(Murat) Theater.

1) Verizon will be absolutely no weapons of any type allowed. This includes guns, ANY knife including pocket knives, any sharp or pointed object that may be used as a weapon. All methods of concealment have been explained including LCP wallets, ankle holsters, spandex underwear, crotch concealment etc. Full pat downs and wanding are what we have been told will be the norm. They are very strict this year. Not even off duty LEO's will be allowed to carry. As it was put to us. I don't care if it is the F@%$# FBI, no guns.

2) Murat has basically the same policy as far as weapons. However depending on the show, we receive the search level when we arrive so assume that it will be a full search. The area that Olde National Center is in is a pretty safe area but we all know that anything can happen anywhere. A crowded music venue is not a place we want firearms. To put your mind at ease, parking at Olde National Center is well lit and very close to the venue. I leave there long after most others have left in the wee hours and have never had any problem.

Now on another note. These are general comments not directed at the OP. No I can't get you back stage, on the bands bus, in the dressing room, etc. etc. I don't care if you and your twin sister can rock my world, I have a job and wife and want to keep both. Yes I get to see lots of really cool shows and sometimes get to meet the performers. No I can't get autographs, pictures, or articles of clothing from them.

Enjoy your shows in safety. We take pride in providing a safe environment for everyone. Lots of the security people you will see at Verizon are college students and are great kids. Please know that there are professionals present that you may not see. I say that only for your peace of mind.

Sorry, but what stupid comments. Where should people be allowed to carry then? There are people everywhere. Maybe we should leave the guns at home when we do our Christmas shopping. The stores can be VERY crowded. Wouldn't want guns there! Oh, and could you please tell us where else you've been without being mugged? Then I know when I can leave my gun at home, because those places are obviously safe!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

i will bet my concelement skills against your methods. we will see who wins. i wont be relying on people i dont see (but can easily spot) or the ones i can see either to protect me or my family and friends. want me to take a picture inside for proof? just kidding i wont make it that easy for them :):. unless im caught and asked to leave im still within my legal right.

also on a seperate note in regards to getting back stage. i wont ask you for a pass, but because of my own "skills" (not those kind of skills perverts):): i have been back stage at deer creek/verizon many times. even played basketball with some "famous" musicians, on the loading dock backstage one time, and i was packin too each time. you sir might be a professional, but many of your employees or collegues are not, and its very easy to see and exploit your companys many security weak points. dont feel bad, the competition is no better, :):. im just a guy who likes to have a good time, and if i see the opportunity to meet a good band and fool some security then thats always fun too. no harm done except if you get caught you get kicked out.

Last edited:

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    I have never been patted down or wanded going into any venue. At most it's "lift your shirt & turn around". If you pat and wand everyone that goes through that gate a lot of people are going to miss the show cause they will be outside waiting for their "search".

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I take a pocket knife and a full water bottle of vodka into verizon every year......:dunno: oops I just told on myself....

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    gone to verizon on multiple occasions carrying and never got caught. got into lucas oil stadium as well

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Best way to sneak a gun into Verizon. Wear a hat and shirt that says something to the effect of Anti-Gun. Or guns suck. Take the 2nd amendment away. While concealing 2 guns on you. They won't even search you.

Of course I would never do this. But this might just work though....

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I absolutely love my right to carry a firearm, but I can't imagine attempting to use it in a tightly packed crowd like you find at a concert and would rather have a blade anyway.

Now on the way to and from the concert is a completely different story.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    I absolutely love my right to carry a firearm, but I can't imagine attempting to use it in a tightly packed crowd like you find at a concert and would rather have a blade anyway.

Now on the way to and from the concert is a completely different story.

I would agree a blade is the way to go in "packed crowds". I don't leave my gun in the car though so would need to bring in both :D

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Verizon SUCKS. Period. You cant tailgate or even loiter for 30 seconds at you car. They jerk you around like a puppet at that place. They were actually patting everyone down. I stood in line for 25 minutes to get a beer only to find out I had to stand in a different line frrst to get my ID checked and my hand stamped. Im 45. The traffic control is horrific and the sound isnt that great. I went with my wife to the lawn seating last time and the bathrooms were so far away, people were just urinating right there on the ground.
    I went to to events recently at Murat, its a classt place and I CC'd both times.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Verizon SUCKS. Period. You cant tailgate or even loiter for 30 seconds at you car. They jerk you around like a puppet at that place. They were actually patting everyone down. I stood in line for 25 minutes to get a beer only to find out I had to stand in a different line frrst to get my ID checked and my hand stamped. Im 45. The traffic control is horrific and the sound isnt that great. I went with my wife to the lawn seating last time and the bathrooms were so far away, people were just urinating right there on the ground.
    I went to to events recently at Murat, its a classt place and I CC'd both times.

We tail gate for hours sometimes before we go in..... I have a great time going to country concerts and I don't even like country. The motivation to attend these events tends to come from the thousands of females walking around in mini-skirts and or skin tight jean shorts. Also, I have always got patted down, but never waited more than 5 or 10 mins in line.

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    After thinking some more about it, I'll probably just pack a blade into my shoe, and lock the gun up in the car :)

I have an M&P with mag disconnect, and internal lock, while being locked in a lock box. I'm pretty confident someone couldnt immediately use it should they break into the car.

Top Bottom